Sometimes is just plain HARD

Aunt Pam
on 9/27/06 6:16 pm - Arlington, WA
I think over the years i have figured out some ideas on life for me. Not sure if the same is for you... Years I have thought that I am alone... the only one who is fat, the only one who was fearful of going outside, the only one who had questions of her choice in husbands, the only one who is dyslexic, the only one who takes two months to have thier wounds heal from surgery, the only one who could not spell, the only one who had to have a back injury, the only one who took over a year to get all the pre wls stuff done, being alone is HARD. I have learned sometimes life is just HARD. But I have also learned to make the best of life, to focus on my blessings, always have positive outlook, and to be patient with myself and others! On these boards I have now found that I am not alone, even though life can just be plain HARD sometimes..... it is better for knowing you. Thanks for letting me into a bit of your life here on the boards. hugs, Aunt Pam
clegate
on 9/28/06 12:43 am - Shelton, WA
Hugs back to you Aunt Pam. I think one of the reasons this board is so supportive is that most of us have felt like the "only one". Our society rakes our self esteems through the muck because of our obesity and that can only result in feeling alone sometimes. So glad we both found this wonderful, supportive place. hugs, Carol
Aunt Pam
on 9/28/06 2:34 am - Arlington, WA
Carol, sadly you are so right about our society playing havic on self image. Thank you for your suportive words. hugs, Pam
auntlorlee
on 9/28/06 2:32 am - Bellingham, WA
I agree with you and Carol. We have ALL felt like the only one at some point in our lives. But we are not alone in our struggle to lose weight and gain our lives back! Life is very hard but I believe it's just a test to see what we are willing to do to make the most of it. And we have each other. We are so supportive of each other because we have all had to endure alot of the same things. It makes us feel close to one another even though many of us have never and will never meet. I feel very blessed to have all of you here to comfort me, or give me a kick in the butt when I need it. I can COUNT on that! So, Ms. Pam... you are NOT alone! We are all here for you and anyone else that needs to vent, needs a shoulder, needs a hug, or needs a kick in the butt! Thanks for this post. And HUGS back atcha baby! Lori
Aunt Pam
on 9/28/06 2:38 am - Arlington, WA
Lori, good words, thank you. kick in the butt... umm is that something you request, or just even freely? ha ha ha hugs, Pam
kdietsch
on 9/30/06 2:03 pm - Everett, WA
Pam, You are so right! Thank you for bringing this important reminder up. We are not alone! But others who have not walked in our shoes might still have difficulty understanding where we have come from, and where we are going.... Even now being on the road to better health (and a smaller waist size) people can be cruel. Just the other day I had someone ask me "Wasn't getting dressed just so much more fun now?" I know she meant it well, and as a compliment, but it stung. Like last year I wasn't having fun???? Hello? I didn't just get a brain and become human after surgery. But unfortunately being obese tends to minimize us as humans in the eyes of non-obese people. So we do need support of others who, like us have been there, been a victim, been alone with our fears and anger... Hurrah for everyone *****aches out to others! Thank you for being there for me and all the other wonderful people here! Kelly
Most Active