Need some info please

iml8l8l8
on 9/23/06 9:05 am - Renton, WA
Hi, I have a surgery date! 10/12. I am so excited! Dr. Chebli and his staff are so nice. I must admit I am also very nervous, and have a lot of questions. How long will i be off my feet? How bad are the nausea, vomittiing, diarreha? Your feed back would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
PinkFlamingoes
on 9/23/06 1:35 pm - Buckley, WA
Hi Michelle , Congratulations . The amount of time you'll be recouperating depends on many things . Are you having open or laproscopic ? It is really hard to predict . It's really individual . Kathy
Jazwog
on 9/24/06 3:19 am - Medical Lake, WA
CONGRATULATIONS!!! IT depends on everyone some people bounce back quickly and some don't. I took off 3 weeks from work then when I went back to work I work half days for a while. Don't push yourself to much because then you will just regress your success. I think its more nausea than anything at the beginning feeling weak. Just remember to LICK LICK LICK your spoon and you will be fine!!! I am so excited for you!!! What hospital are you having your surgery at? If you want to talk to me I will meet you for coffee or you can call me I can give you as much information as needed for you to do this, I know how scarey it can be, so many mixed emotions!!! EMail me if you want to get together!! IF you want I can be your angel if you don't already have one.
iml8l8l8
on 9/30/06 2:51 pm - Renton, WA
Thanks Michelle! I am sorry I havent responded sooner. Dr. Cheblis has an added list of items on his preop checklist and I have been running around trying to get all my records in order! I am not sure what angel is but I would love for you to be mine! THANKS FOR OFFERING! I am on a high protien low carb diet until the surgery, but I would like to meet you. I have next Friday and Sat off. Will either of these work for you? Thanks! M
corinnaq
on 9/24/06 3:45 am - Woodinville, WA
Michelle, Congratulations on your surgery date... I hope to have mine soon too. I assume since you are using Dr Chebli you are having your surgery laproscopically (sp?). If so I think that the healing process is much easier than with an open surgery. But like the others have said it completely depends on the person. Best of luck!!! Corinna Q
Geminidream
on 9/24/06 12:17 pm - Spokane, WA
Michelle, congratulations on your wonderful news. Thank goodness for this board so others can learn from good questions like yours too. My last wls was open and the healing time was quite a bit longer than what I've heard most lap surgeries are so I am curious about the responses you'll get here too. Molly
Most Active