Ft. Lewis area??

kmccusker
on 9/23/06 7:53 am
Is anyone here in the Ft. Lewis area? My husband is in the Army and we're stationed at Ft. Lewis. I'm just (re)beginning the pre-op process, but the estimated time from initial consult until surgery is 3-5 months, so I should be having surgery late this year or the very beginning of next year. One of my neighbors just had surgery here at Madigan on 22 Aug. Another neighbor is having surgery next month. I was just hoping there might be someone else in the area (pre-op or post-op, doesn't matter) that I can socialize with! Hubby isn't the most supportive thing in the world, lol, and all my family is in Texas. I have a little info about me on my profile. I'll try to add more pics soon! Hugs, Keri
iml8l8l8
on 9/23/06 8:59 am - Renton, WA
Hi! I am not from fort lewis area, but wanted to make sure that you feel welcomed! I am in the air force reserves after spending 6 years in the military, and my 18 year old son is in army bootcamp right now so I can relate to being far from your family. Good luck with the process at Madigan!
kmccusker
on 9/23/06 1:05 pm
Thank you for the welcome! I appreciate it! Thank you for your service to our country also! I don't meet many women in the military (as sad as it is, since we live on a military base, lol). Where is your son doing his Basic Training? My husband spent the first 18 months of his enlistment at Ft. Jackson, Ft. Gordon and Korea, while the kids and I stayed behind in California where I worked and took classes at the local college. Thanks again for the reply! Happy to meet you! Hugs, Keri
PinkFlamingoes
on 9/23/06 1:30 pm - Buckley, WA
Hi Keri , Welcome to OH . I'm a military brat . My dad was a lifer in the Coast Guard . My son was in the Army until he hurt his back . He was stationed at Fort Lewis , Korea & Arizona . My Dads brother was a lifer in the Coast Guard , & his son spent many years in the Navy . I am very proud of our military . And I have spent quite a bit of time at Madigan Hospital with my mom . I really like it & the care my mom has received there . Kathy
LaDena
on 9/23/06 5:37 pm - Spokane Valley, WA
Keri, Hi there! I'm at McChord. My husband is active duty AF. I just started my journey too. I went to the "pathway introduction" class last week. If you'd like to e-mail me I'd be happy to chat with ya. You can never have too many friends and I know what it's like to be a military wife. Hope to hear from ya! Dena
morgansmom
on 9/24/06 11:52 am
Keri, I am not toofar from you, I live in Gig Harbor. My husband is in the Air National Guard so I come to Ft.Lewis once in a while. Good luck in your journey. I am impressed you have hobbies with two young sons! I hope to get a hobby next month after I am done with school.
kdietsch
on 9/24/06 3:48 pm - Everett, WA
Welcome Keri! I'm quite a bit north of Ft. Lewis. But I think you'll find this board is a great way to connect to others who are on a WL journey! I have been very encouraged by reading posts and adding my own two cents in.... Take care of yourself and good luck! From what I understand the pre-op here in the states can be quite tedious.... (but every minute is worth the wait!!!) (or should I say "weight"..."loss"!!) Take care Kelly
Chawan *.
on 9/25/06 12:20 am - Fort Lewis, WA
RNY on 12/07/05 with
Hi Keri, We're stationed at Ft. Lewis too. I live on post and had my surgery last December at Madigan and had a great experience. I know how hard it can be to go through this experience alone. My family is in Texas too (most of it) and my hubby was deployed when I had the surgery. Feel free to email me anytime!! I wish you lots of luck on your journey. Chawan
kimmee2k
on 9/26/06 2:28 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Kari, I too am in the ft. lewis area. I dont live on ft. lewis, I live in Spanaway. Work out at Madigan and my husband is in the army. So you do have a few that are close by. I too am finishing up my pathway. Will keep you posted. Welcome! Kim L.
rayehawk
on 9/27/06 8:05 am - Eastside Seattle 'burb, WA
Hey, Y'all - (all above posters, that is!) You're all welcome, and hereby invited to support group meetings at VitaLady.com in Puyallup. Second Tues and the following Wed, 7 pm. So, the 10th and 11th of Oct. http://www.vitalady.com/contact_us.htm - address Come on down, kids . . . it's a good time . . . and you want to get involved *before* your surgery!
Most Active