Anyone here go to Mexico for surgery?

Rochelle K.
on 9/19/06 1:37 pm - Seattle, WA
Hi All, I am so close to making an appointment and going to Mexico in 3 weeks for the lap band surgery. My insurance won't cover the operation so I am going to self pay. I researched the doctor and met several woman on the OH message board that had wonderful things to say about their experience. My only issue with going south is the required fills. I can't imagine going to Mexico when I need a check up or a fill. I've heard there are several doctors in WA state who will do fills for those who went to Mexico. I did a search and only see one that is in Eastern Washington. I live in Seattle and was hoping to stay local. Has anyone else had this experience? Thanks! Rochelle
PinkFlamingoes
on 9/19/06 3:51 pm - Buckley, WA
Dr. Oh in Federal Way will do them . His nutritionist told us that in our nutrition class . So there you go . Of course i'd call if I were you . Kathy
Rochelle K.
on 9/20/06 7:19 am - Seattle, WA
Thanks Kathy - I really appreciate the info. I'll give Dr. Oh a call. Take care, rochelle
coffee
on 9/19/06 4:12 pm - arlington, WA
THERE IS A CHRISTIAN BASED GROUP OF DOCTORS ACROSS THE STREET FROM THE STEVENS HOSPITAL IN EDMONDS. I HAD AN JOB INTERVIEW WITH DR PETER BILLILNGS AND HE HAS DONE ALOT OF THEM PLUS SOME RNY`S. fOLLOW UP IS SUCH A CONCERN, AND AS A MEDICAL ASSISTANT I AM CONCERNED THAT IF YOU HAD ANY COMPLICATIONS, NO DR HERE WOULD HELP YOU DUE TO POSSIBLE PROBLEMS AND LAW SUITS SINCE THEY HAD NOT DONE THE SURGERY. I HAD THAT PROBLEM WITH A FOOT SURGERY WHICH OF COURSE WAS ALOT LESS OF A CONCERN THAN SOMETHING LIKE THIS. MAYBE YOU SHOULD CALL THE OFFICE IN EDMONDS AND SPEAK TO THEM. PUGET SOUND SURGICAL. 21616 76TH AVE W SUITE 202 EDMONDS, 98026 425-776-7132 ALSO CHECK THEIR WEBSITE AND CONSIDER SENDING E-MAIL QUESTIONS YOU ARE CONCERNED ABOUT. GOD BLESS YOUR JOURNEY. PAM
Amity L.
on 9/20/06 3:59 am - Mount Vernon, WA
Puget Sound Surgical will not do fills or follow up care on patients who had surgery out of country. Dr Billing is my surgeon and at my appt last month someone called to ask about it and was told they do not do it for out of country post ops.
Deana P.
on 9/20/06 12:56 pm - Sultan, WA
Hi Amity, I'm meeting Dr. Billing tomorrow. I'm hoping to get as much information from Wish Center for Dr. Billing to schedule my surgery. So far the staff there have been wonderful. Maybe we'll meet sometime at a support group! Dee
Amity L.
on 9/21/06 2:42 am - Mount Vernon, WA
Dee, You will love Dr Billing! He is wonderful, his nutritionist Melanie is wonderful and all the rest of the staff are wonderful. I have nothing bad at all to say about them. They put so much effort into helping me every step of the way. The office is very very laid back and friendly. It has a very family like atmosphere. I dont make it to the support meetings at Stevens Hospital unfornately because I live 1.5 hours north, but if they were closer, I would be there. I did alot of research before deciding on Dr B and his program and I have absolutely no regrets. Tell them I said "Hi"! Amity Lap RNY April 24, 2006 355, 253, 165
kdietsch
on 9/24/06 3:43 pm - Everett, WA
Hi Rochelle, I was banded by Dr. Kuri in TJ in April. I flew down end of May for my first fill. There are Dr. here in WA that will take Dr. Kuri patients. I believe there is a Dr. in Olympia who will do fills with flouro but the cost is about the same as flying down to TJ and having the fill done for free (which is what Dr. Kuri does-- you only pay for the flouro....) Having said that Northwest Fill Management (360-435-5365) in Arlington does fills for patients who have had their banding done SOB (south of the border ;) ) they charge less than $200.00 but do not use flouro. I had my second fill done there. I have not had a third fill yet, and can't decide whether to fly down to TJ for the day, or to go to Arlington.... Good Luck! Kelly
Most Active