Got PART of MY Wish Ctr Records

BodyNSoul Mismatch
on 9/19/06 7:21 am - Dallas, TX
I just got home from Wish Center Renton, WA. After more than an hour, I have my records, but to my dismay, they are incomplete. All of the info on diet and exercise (an insurance requirement) is missing. Without those I have to redo the 3 month diet and exercise. They are looking for it and will fax it to me if they find them. I have an appointment with DR. Hunter tomorrow, so I really hope they can find them today. As for what is going on, I just have to say I saw Charlene and Jennene and they are torn up about this whole thing. Despite what the Seattle Times reported, the office staff knew nothing about it till Corporate told them to leave without pay. I am not at liberty to say how I know, but there is proof. These two nurses are helping out us orphans out of the bottom of their hearts. They really do care, unlike the Wish Corporate office.
Deana P.
on 9/19/06 11:10 am - Sultan, WA
I had a consult today with a new clinic - Puget Sound Surgical Center in Edmonds and they were so nice. I have another appt. on Thursday to meet the Dr. Billings. They said they need my nutrition assessment and my psych eval from Wish Center and they'll schedule me right away for surgery. I hope these things are in my file or I have to do them over as well. I wonder why your file wasn't complete. Dee
coffee
on 9/19/06 4:19 pm - arlington, WA
I had lap RNY dec 9 and have lost 120.5 lbs down from bmi 56 to 33. I went to federal way to dr hunter because when I did my investigation I felt he was the most qualified for what I wanted. And I was very happy with him and the procedure. I am a medical receptionist and assistant, and had a job interview with dr billings in June. He is a christian, as are the other doctors there, and very nice and knowledgeable. He also has experience in RNY surgeries. I believe you will like him. Good luck pam
Deana P.
on 9/20/06 12:42 pm - Sultan, WA
Hi Pam, Thanks for the info. I am meeting Dr. Billing tomorrow and I hadn't realized he was a Christian. I'm really glad to know that. His office and Stevens Hospital are a lot closer to me than Renton anyways...I guess everything happens for a reason. I got a hold of the psychologist that did my evaluation at Wish Center and she is going to send her records to PSSS for me. Her info was separate from Wish Center as I think she was contracted to work with them. So that's a success! Now I only need my nutrition assessment. What document would that be? Is that the 6 weeks of eating logs I did? I'm wondering if I'm trying to get copies from my records that won't even be what I need. I sent an email to Jennene yesterday with no response yet. Dee
kira22
on 9/19/06 1:35 pm - aberdeen, WA
I contacted Jennene by email she immediaetly replied saying she would do what she can and if I gave her Dr. Lauters fax number she would sent them to his office. Then this afternoon I received a phone call from the Wish center corporate office and was told that Jennene would be getting my medical records along with my insurance denial letter which Dr. Lauter needs as well. I believe that the employees and Dr.'s at the Wish Center in Renton do care very deeply for their patients. I admit I was pretty mad at first but then realized that it wasn't there fault. Even if they reopened it would be hard to go through them not knowing whether or not they would be closed down again. I do aprreciate the care and concern that they have had for the patients of Wish Center it does mean alot!!
coffee
on 9/19/06 4:28 pm - arlington, WA
I am sorry for your missing information. I am not familiar with the wish center. Good news though, Dr Hunter did my surgery Dec 9 and I have lost 120.5 lbs, gone from sizes 30-32 to 16 pants! I drove clear from Arlington because when I investigated the doctors, I was most impressed with his training. At a starting bmi of almost 56 33 now. ( 29 is "overweight, started at "super obese") I was blessed that his attempt at doing my surgery laproscopically was successful. You will like him. His nurse steve is pretty unreliable, but dr hunter's right hand, kat is excellent if you need help. If something is critical, go to kat. 253-874-1701 she is thorough and a real jewel. Blessings
gstep
on 9/20/06 12:40 am
I am happy to hear you received your medical records. I do wish everyone would realize that the Wish Center employees are not to blame. They were not the ones that decided to close the doors and not give a second thought as to what will happen to the patients. I understand the patients' perspective, but just be thankful that you are not having to worry about how you are going to provide for your family. The bottom line, when everyone is trashing the Wish Center, the innocent employees are also being trashed. I am surprised the Washington and Chicago Wish employees are saying they had no idea they were going to be shut down. In the last few months, one by one, each location has been closed. Why would they think it wouldn't happen to them? Also, you said you received all of your chart except for the diet/exercise. When I was employeed with Wi**** was ok to copy the chart, but hand written notes were not included. That includes diet, exercise, Psych notes, etc. Unfortunately, you may have to redo the diet/exercise part of the program, unless you can find a surgeon that will take your word for it. Gina
BodyNSoul Mismatch
on 9/20/06 12:51 am - Dallas, TX
I don't blame the employees. There is proof they are not too blame. As a matter of fact one of the nurses was so upset in talking to me that she actually cried. I discussed with her the emotional aspects she is going through:people thinking bad things about the employees when it is not their fault, not being able to be a part of the lives of those patients she is there to help and then the sudden unemployment aspect. The surgeon is not *****quires the diet and exercise, it is the insurance. Without it, there is no exception.
gstep
on 9/20/06 3:57 am
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you blame anyone. I had been reading all of the posts regarding Wish, and just wanted to put that out there. I didn't think about the insurance also requesting the diet/exercise records. In that case, I would continue to call them daily until you receive what you need. Is the Dietician and Exercise Physiologist still there? If so, maybe your insurance would accept something written from them, stating you have completed the required diet/exercise goals. This is definently not fair to the patients, and it's a shame the owners can just walk away. They should be required by law to assist patients with finding another surgeon to perform their surgery, and to take care of the patients who have already had their surgery. They know better than anyone how hard it is to find a surgeon that is willing to take a patient who has had their surgery performed by someone else. And what about the patients who have already paid large amounts of money, and never to see it again? It's a shame. Makes you wonder how some people sleep at night. Just be grateful that this happened before your surgery. gina
Kaylynne
on 9/20/06 6:09 am - ~, WA
They do give you the originals back from your diet and exercise logs. Did you happen to maybe keep them in a file somewhere? You can always remake them. I know, not fun. If WISH knows you did it and they can't put their fingers on it, recreate them! Just a thought.... K
Most Active