2 years +

JustHat
on 9/18/06 1:36 pm - NM
So many new names and a few old ones. No matter where this trip has taken me, I always return to check in. It seems like another life when I was counting down to my big day. And, I can't honestly remember what it was like to be fat. But, I fear going back to that enough that food is always on my mind. Or, I should say food control. My anniversary was July 27. I had planned to post on that date with a big ol' update. As it turned out, I was so sick, I couldn't get out of bed. Most of the summer is a blur. In short, I had the first half of my rear end surgery done in June. She removed 5 inches of skin from the top of my rear end. Recovery was going well. Then four things happened. I was messing around at work. One of the guys pulled up to the site. He acted like he was going to run me over. I thought he had come to a stop when he gunned it. It threw me backwards because I had lifted my leg and put my foot on his bumper. All I could think was don't fall on my rear. By this point, it had started to hurt a little more. I was sore, but didn't fall and scared the crud out of everyone. We won't be doing that again. Around this time, I caught a cold. I couldn't seem to shake it. There was something else going on healthwise, but I can't remember what. Very quickly, my condition declined. Literally, one weekend I was dancing it up at my reunion and 4 days later I couldn't stay awake long enough to tell the kids I needed a drink of water. Getting out of bed was not an option. But, I had to work. For that week, I was pulling myself out of bed to work for 30 minutes and sleeping for 3 hours. But, like I said, some of the days, I couldn't get out of bed at all. We finally broke down and called the plastic surgeon. I got in to see her. The top of my right rear was a hard lump. She said there had to be something going on in there, but until it softened up, we couldn't drain it. We didn't know if it was related to being hit by the truck or not. But, it did seem to be a soft tissue issue. She wanted me back in 2 weeks or sooner if it got worse. And, she started me on antibiotics. Because of issues, I wasn't going to be able to make it back for 3 weeks. But, after a week and half, I was in so much pain and was so sick, I called and begged to come in. Since it is a 3 hour trip each way, DH drove me. I couldn't have driven myself. I was foggy and couldn't sit. The night before my appointment, I was in so much pain that if I would have had a needle, I would have been stabbing myself in the rear. Even with my cloths on, everyone could see the lump. I had to go buy stretchy pants because there was no way I could get into my jeans. OK, so this has gotten longer than I meant. Sorry. Anyway, at the dr's office, she stuck a big needle in and started sucking. When all was said and done, she drew out 12 ounces of thick infection. She said she couldn't believe that I was walking much less that I was pleasant. I tell you, I was only pleasant because I knew relief was close. She cut a deep big slit in the base of my rear and blocked it open to allow drainage. Over the next 24 hours, another 8 ounces drained out. But, I felt so much better. We started on another round of antibitoics too. DH and the guys at work finally told me that it had been weeks since they had seen me smile. I guess the pain and stress had really changed me. At least I didn't get mean with everyone. They probably would have shot me if I had. And, I would have let them. I can't ever remember feeling that bad for that long. The good news is I am feeling all better now. If asked if I would do it all again, yep. But, I would avoid trucks headed in my directions. Hat
PinkFlamingoes
on 9/18/06 6:01 pm - Buckley, WA
Hat , Congratulations on your terrific weight loss & your surgiversary . You sure have been through the wringer recently , though . I'm glad you're on the mend . Kathy
awidick
on 9/19/06 1:06 am - Spanaway, WA
OMG Hat!!!!! What the heck are you doing woman. I'm glad to hear your doing well. Why didn't you call me? We could have shoot the breeze a little and complained to each other. I still have issues with this body after surgery too. I just faxed a letter to Dr. Weber because it seemed like he wasn't getting my emails. The things we do for our bodies........oh well, all worth it. And i too would do it all over again! Oh hey, Dr Weber now tells me he's going to start doing tummy tucks. Can you believe it. Now that I have had mine. I told him he needed to do my arms. His reply was, well, I can do that tomorrow. So.....when I'm ready, I'm going to take him up on that. He said he'd give me a good deal. He's so awesome!! I don't know what I'd do without that man!! I sure do rely on him to be there for us. Call me woman. It's been awhile since we talked. Got to catch up. Have an awesome day and stay away from those trucks!! Arlene
auntlorlee
on 9/19/06 2:00 am - Bellingham, WA
Arlene! How are you doing? It seems that when one of you girls come out of the woodwork, ALL of you do! But THAT IS AWESOME! I miss seeing your posts. I hope things are going well for you. How is the tummy healing? I can't wait to get my butt in for a consult. I think I am going to wait until I am 18 months out, February. I go for my female physical next week and am going to discuss a tummy tuck with my doc. Hopefully get it approved through my insurance. Keep posting and letting us know how you are doing. It DOES help to hear from people who are farther out than ourselves. It gives us inspiration!!! Take care, Lori
awidick
on 9/20/06 9:09 am - Spanaway, WA
Hey Ms. Lori, It's been awhile! Are you going to the walk on Sept 30th?????? www.walkfromobesity.com There are going to be a few of us there. Have we met personally before? If not, it's time woman!!! We're going to have a good time even though it's only going to be 3 miles. I can do that in less than 45 min so we might have to make it longer! I'm anxious to meet every one. Hope you can make it. Your doing great on your posts. I'm really bummed out because I lost most of my profile. A computer glitch when I was trying to update it. It actually wiped it out. That's really not what I was trying to do. I don't even have my century card on there any more. It seems like all my hard work is just gone. Well, let me know if your going to make it. I hope to see you. Arlene
auntlorlee
on 9/19/06 1:57 am - Bellingham, WA
Ms. Hat, It is so nice to hear from you! WOW! That's all I can say about your ordeal. What a "pain" literally! I am glad they finally figured out what was going on. And now you are on your way to recovery! Thank goodness for that! Keep us posted and keep coming in to check on us! We love to hear from you all who are further out. It gives us the hope to keep staying motivated to move our bodies and keep our heads in the game! Thank again for the update! Lori
Most Active