10 days , 10 days , 10 days !

PinkFlamingoes
on 9/18/06 6:01 am - Buckley, WA
Can you tell i'm excited ? I started my 10 day liquid diet today . That means 10 days until surgery . Yeahhhh ! Of course i'm getting a teensy aprehensive . I'm not scared though . Kathy
JPmomoftwins
on 9/18/06 1:32 pm - Maple Valley, WA
Kathy that is so exciting!! I think is very normal to be a teensy bit nervous.
PinkFlamingoes
on 9/18/06 6:06 pm - Buckley, WA
Thanks Jennifer . It's been a long time since i've been called normal . lol . I'm a little nervous now that i'm on my pre-op diet , as it seems more real . I'm not scared though . Kathy
LaDena
on 9/18/06 2:30 pm - Spokane Valley, WA
Wahoooo!!!! I'm very excited for you.
PinkFlamingoes
on 9/18/06 6:09 pm - Buckley, WA
Thanks Dena . Any news on your surgery ?
auntlorlee
on 9/19/06 2:02 am - Bellingham, WA
YEAHHHHH! I am excited for you Kathy! This 10 days will fly by. Your day will be here before you know it! And yes, it is COMPLETELY normal to be aprehensive! I know I was! You are so close! Take care, Lori
PinkFlamingoes
on 9/19/06 2:35 am - Buckley, WA
Thanks Lori , It's people like you & Nancy who inspire us pre-ops . I go on the main board a lot , too . & the "grads" there are big inspirations , too . You guys & the total camaraderie we get at OH is priceless . I am so glad I found this site early on . The biggest anxiety is complications . I'm not worried about dieing as I believe when it's my time I will go . It's the other things like strictures , etc...since I'm self pay . But there is a reason it worked out with the money . Because it was meant to be . And I think that everything will end up the way it's meant to . I tend to over Analise things . Can ya tell ? I know everything will be great . My clothes are already getting loose pre-op , which is exciting . Thanks again . Kathy
LaDena
on 9/19/06 8:49 am - Spokane Valley, WA
Kathy, Hey! I went last week to Madigan, had a consult with a surgeon out there....because, my primary insurance will not pay for any form of WLS...and Tricare will...but, because I live within a 50 mile radious of a Military hospital that performs WLS I have to at least consult with them. So, I did...and it actually went well. I was sort of shocked to be honest with you. They've come quite aways from the last time I was out there...which was 5 years ago. Anyway...long story short...I was APPROVED!! So, now I have to start on what they call a "pathway to surgery" All the pre-op testing. Nutritionist, Psych eval, Labs...etc. Then I again consult 2 more times with the surgeon before anything is done. The nice thing is...I can sort of pick and choose when I want to have this surgery done once I complete all of my work up. They do have a little bit of a waiting list, but I don't want to do this until late spring/early summer next year anyway. So, now I'm on my way!
PinkFlamingoes
on 9/19/06 3:39 pm - Buckley, WA
That's great Dena . I have spent a lot of time at Madigan , because of my mom . I like it there . When she was there last time I even speedwalked their trail , lol . That was before my knees went bad . I like the pond , too . They have a fish in there that looks like a baby whale . It hides in the pipe under the walkway . It's set up more like a mall than a medical facility . The pharmacy is strange , the way they work it . I grew up in the military , so I feel a little nastalgic when I go there . My son lived on Ft. Lewis for a while when he was in the Army . Keep me posted . Kathy
SusanL
on 9/20/06 3:05 pm - Somewhere out there, WA
Kathy, it's ok to be excited. I can't wait till that day comes. My nerves have been getting the best of me the last couple of days. I am a worry wart when it comes to stuff like this. I know I am doing the right thing but just worry. Keep in touch. Susan
Most Active