Dr. Jeffrey Hunter - Previous Wish Ctr Patient looking for info

BodyNSoul Mismatch
on 9/14/06 3:36 am - Dallas, TX
I am one of the Wish Center Renton patients that need to find a new surgeon. It turns out there is only one other doctor on my list and it is Dr. Jeffrey Hunter. I know nothing about him. If he was your doctor, please give me your input so that I can get this research out of the way ASAP. I have to have this taken care of by 10/13 or the insurance will make me start over!
findinglisa
on 9/14/06 5:35 am - Bothell, WA
Amy, My doctor, Dr. Lauter in Bellevue, is an excellent surgeon, and I know a lot of his patients have had Aetna as their insurance. Is Dr. Hunter the only one your insurance company will cover? If not, I really suggest shopping around. It won't be too hard since you already have insurance approval. Have you already done most of your pre-op testing? Good luck. I feel very sorry for all of the Wish Center patients who have been left out in the cold by this. Lisa
BodyNSoul Mismatch
on 9/14/06 6:05 am - Dallas, TX
Dr Hunter is the only one other than the Wish Center doctors. I have done all my pre-op work including the 3 month supervised diet and exercise. I will have to start this all over if it is not resubmitted to the insurance by 10/13. So it is crunch time. I get a scary feeling that my dream just died. Because I am not sure I get make all this work. Dr. Hunter has requirements and won't even talked to me without a referral from my PCP and my PCP is on vacation. I am waiting for a call from the covering physician. If that is not enough, the cardiologist did not put me on high blood pressure meds because I was having the surgery. So, I have to go however long till the surgery with out BP meds, and I know it is up. This wish center deal is not making it any better.
PinkFlamingoes
on 9/14/06 6:20 am - Buckley, WA
Amy , have you gone to D. Hunters page & contacted any of his patients ? That's what i'd do . I feel so bad for you . Kathy
lhasaraptormom
on 9/14/06 6:22 am - Spokane, WA
Although I did not have Dr. Hunter, Several of my friends had him as their surgeon and he did a fantastic job they both love him and HIGHLY recommeded him as my surgeon but my insurance would cover only their doctors whom I love. LOl good luck in you journey and I hope you can come to a peaceful decision..
morgansmom
on 9/14/06 6:44 am
I initially went to Dr.Hunter and liked him very much as well as all of the office staff. I unfortunately had too many scars from previous surgery to be done laproscopically, which is all Dr.Hunter does. I went to another Virginia Mason suegeon, Dr. Thirlby in Seattle. As long as you can have laproscopic this should work out fine for you. Good Luck!
BodyNSoul Mismatch
on 9/15/06 1:37 pm - Dallas, TX
Thank you for all the great information. I also looked at his patient forum and everyone had nothing but good things to say. Steve at Dr. Hunter's office is working diligently to try and get me in next week.
SDaydreams
on 9/15/06 3:21 pm - North Bend, WA
This is really heartbreaking and I am just shocked by the entire situation. I am praying that Dr. Hunter gets you in next week. Best of luck and keep us informed!
Most Active