support group last night & one tonight

PinkFlamingoes
on 9/13/06 3:03 am - Buckley, WA
I went to the support group meeting last night at Vita Lady . She has another one tonight . Well worth your time if you can get there . I met Football mom . I really enjoyed meeting you . I was glad I told you to hit me upside the head (she was kind & didn't) . I knew I wouldn't recognize you . I enjoyed meeting a really nice woman named Ellen . Ellen , I hope you found your way here . The meetings are for patients of any doctor & any procedure . If you are just looking it's a great way to learn . The hosts are both WLS patients , it's a great informal meeting to go to . Kathy
SusanL
on 9/13/06 4:11 am - Somewhere out there, WA
Kathy, I enjoyed meeting you in person and talking with you and Ellen. It was my first support group meeting I was really nervious to talk at first. They told me to come tonight to get a varity of information from the groups but I am unable to attend because my son has a football game and I never miss them especially now that I will miss at least one after my surgery. I am going check on when the group in Tacoma meets just to see what goes on at their meetings because it is closer to me. I couldn't sleep when I got home (9:00 is a little late for me) so I had a hard time getting up. I hope to see you again at the meeting. Susan
PinkFlamingoes
on 9/13/06 6:50 am - Buckley, WA
Hi Susan , I think if you can swing it , it never hurts to go to as many meetings as you can . I went to weigh****chers for over 6 years , even after I gained the weight . I enjoyed the comraderie . You're not going to find that at work , or even in a group of good friends , because some of them don't get it . I am a creature of habit . I will probably always go to Vita Lady's meeting , because that is where I started . But everone is different & I believe knowledge is never wasted . You will surely hear different perspectives on things , which would be interesting . they have done studies & the people with the biggest support systems , including support groups , had the most success . Kathy
RoxanneB
on 9/19/06 5:25 am - Tacoma, WA
Hi Susan- I was wondering if you could send me the information on the Tacoma meeting when you find it. I live in Tacoma. I am a WISH Center Orphan. So any meetings I can find will help. Thanks, Roxanne
SusanL
on 9/19/06 6:13 am - Somewhere out there, WA
Hi Roxanne, The meetings in Tacoma are at the Northwest Cetner for Weight Managemnet on the First and Third Monday of the month. 6:45 pm - 8:15 pm at St Joseph Medical Center, 1717 South J Street, Tacoma WA Dining Room 3, in the back of the cafeteria Ground Floor the contact person is Heidi Robert, RD, CD, 253-944-6544 I hope this helps. I haven't attended one there yet but plan to do so. On Oct 1
Most Active