WISH Center

fmckee
on 9/13/06 12:09 pm - Seattle, WA
Lap Band on 10/18/06 with
My sister and I actually had appointments for our evaluations today. We didn't receive a call or anything to say they were closing. We actually would have went today if I hadn't read about this last night. Thank goodness we had not paid for anything so we are only out wait time. We are going to a another seminar on Sunday put on by NW Weight Loss Surgery. I actually called and spoke with the receptionist who was very friendly and answered all my questions. I was very impressed and I did go and read the reviews people has wrote about their experiences and they all seem very pleased and happy I really feel sorry for the ones who were scheduled for surgery and now are in limbo. I sure do wish them well. Fran
ChristineB
on 9/14/06 12:19 pm - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL
Actually, the IL center is not closed. I have my 3 yr PO appointment for the 28th. I just made it today (Thursday) and the 18 month and out support group is still on for the 21st here in IL.
mbschnap
on 9/13/06 10:40 pm
HELP!! My daughter had surgery 8/18 and has not had her post op because of the Wa. Wishcenter closure. I have spoken with a person in Il. and they said they would get back to me by the end of the week. My daughter has been able to get a hold of her Dr. but no one at the office. This is a real crime. The support for my daughter and those out there has been taken from them and at a time that they need this support. Does anyone in the area know of a support group my daughter could attend until we find out what is going on. Her doctor said to call in 3 weeks and he should know something. I think Valley General is trying to work something out with the doctors. Thanks, A very worried Mom
PinkFlamingoes
on 9/14/06 6:16 am - Buckley, WA
I believe most of the support groups welcome pateints of all doctors . I don't know where your daughter lives , but st. Francis has a support group , Group health , etc... She should call a local bariatric doctors office & tell them she's looking for a local support group . I'm sure they'd give her that info . I feel really bad for your daughter . I hope she's doing okay . Kathy
BodyNSoul Mismatch
on 9/14/06 4:09 am - Dallas, TX
The Puget Sound Business Journal is doing a story on the Wish Center and so is Komo 4. The Wish Center Corporate office is actually working with the PS Bus. Jrnl. I am not sure when these stories are coming out though. I heard Komo 4 was releasing theirs today.
anon22263
on 9/14/06 7:41 am
KOMO 4 should be doing the story tonight when I find out the details I will let you know.
ValleyMedicalCenter
on 9/14/06 10:40 am
Valley Medical Center in Renton, WA has created a new post for more information on the WISH Center situation at their facility. Please refer to their post for updated information.
SDaydreams
on 9/14/06 3:00 pm - North Bend, WA
I also tried to get ahold of them, to no avail. They have a wonderful nurse, Jenelle, and when I could not get through to them due to their voice mail being full, I emailed her. She was/is checking email from home and wrote me back the next morning. She stated they were moving from the old site into the Medical Arts building and waiting for their computers to be set up, then they would be in. I am suppose to go in for my 3-month check up tomorrow (it's been 4, but due to complications was pushed back a month). I don't think that appointment is going to happen. I'm having a hard time believing they would just dump us. But the post by Valley Medical doesn't sound very promising. My heart goes out to all those who were scheduled for surgeries and had them cancel. And to those of us who are recent surgery patients who loose out on our post op care and followup support. I just don't understand.
SDaydreams
on 9/14/06 4:34 pm - North Bend, WA
Well I jus****ched the 11:00 p.m. KOMO 4 news and there was nothing on the Wish Center. Was it on the 6:00 news?
Kaylynne
on 9/15/06 2:34 pm - ~, WA
Hi Deborah! Jennene has been returning my emails too. She's such a sweetie. I am very concerned about the situation and have tried to contact corporate to no avail. They're VERY short and rude. I am panicking about what I'm to do about my fills and further aftercare. It was completely unprofessional how they handled this one...sor far anyway. Oh, and Komo should be airing their story tonight at 11. K
Most Active