WISH Center

Ann W.
on 9/12/06 5:38 pm - Tacoma, WA
I thought I had read that someone had posted about what might be going on at the WISH Center in Renton?? I've tried calling their office for over a week now and their recording says their office is closed for moving and doesn't give any further information past that. Anyone else know what's going on??
lorisb
on 9/12/06 5:45 pm - Vancouver, WA
There was a post earlier (I believe the original date was from Sept. 5th). I even posted to it today but now its gone. From what I recall one patient posted her problems with the office. She's discovered that its been closed for three weeks or longer for a "move". Someone camped outside the alleged new site for more than two hours yesterday (from 7:30 am until 9:30 am) and didn't see a single employee. Mail was apparently piled up on the floor. I don't know if the office looked empty (or if she could even see inside). People have called the surgeons, the hospital where they do the surgery, the main WISH Center headquarters all to not really get much of an answer. I believe one person said that they knew of someone or they had just paid them money. At this point, I would suggest you contact the state's attorney general's office. Lori
PinkFlamingoes
on 9/12/06 6:01 pm - Buckley, WA
Lori , I was just going back & forth trying to find that post . I can't believe it was pulled . That is so strange . And scary . Kathy
lorisb
on 9/12/06 6:04 pm - Vancouver, WA
Kathy, Had I not posted to it today I would have thought I was losing my mind! I don't think it was pulled for anything that was said (actually, quite the opposite -- I think the information is necessary for anyone who thought they were patients). I just feel really sorry for the people who are now going to have to spend even MORE money and time waiting for surgery. I saw that the WISH Center company filed for Chapter 11 in April 2005. Really scary. Maybe their bid for reorganization didn't come through? I asked the original poster to repost what she found out (or to at least see why the post was pulled). Sad, very sad. Lori
PinkFlamingoes
on 9/12/06 6:18 pm - Buckley, WA
It would have been humane for the patients who are expecting surgery & check-ups to have at least gotten a letter . These people are left high & dry . It could be really serious for some . And agonizing for those expecting surgery . I really feel for them . Kathy
PinkFlamingoes
on 9/12/06 6:31 pm - Buckley, WA
This is a link to last years news article . www.wishcenter.org/new/press_release042505.asp
ChristineB
on 9/13/06 1:08 am - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL
There is a thread on the IL board also about WI****hink the original thread that you are talking about is either on the main or IL board. I will have to put on my thinking cap and try and remember if I responded to it. Chris
ChristineB
on 9/13/06 1:12 am - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL
lorisb
on 9/13/06 1:25 am - Vancouver, WA
That was one of them. There was A LOT more in a message specific to the Renton office on the Washington State board and now its been pulled -- per the original poster. Don't understand why but she's now being moderated. I think she's got a serious, legitimate concern and is one that was scheduled to have her surgery this month (but isn't going to be able to at this point). Lori
sonya
on 9/13/06 10:16 am - Oklahoma City, OK
I got an email from the wish ctr in TX and it said that the wish ctr's in Washington and Illinois had closed. As in closed down for good.
Most Active