MY GRANDPA PASSED AWAY...

Debbie D.
on 9/11/06 6:04 pm - Chelan, WA
August has been a long tough and painful time for my family and I. I was able to fly down to Las Vegas to be with my Grandfather. I got back just a few days ago. I have been having a hard time. I finally am able to take a peek for now at OH. I am so very sorry if anyone felt I ignored anyone. I had no way to go online for support from all of you. And now it is hard for me, so in time I will go back and read everything. For now, I am just trying to let you all know my dear 84 year old Grandpa didn't make it. He had been seeing "The Light" for several days before he passed. That was nice to know and to witness him seeing it. I will never forget it. I was able to spend everyday with my Grandpa. And I cherish every minute I had with him. I thank you all deeply for your prayers and thoughts for my Grandpa, Nana, myself, and our family. He was one of a kind. He was just a amazing man. He was the last one to pass away out of all 10 of his siblings. He married my Nana 64 years ago. She just had her 81st birthday and how difficult it was. Grandpa and I set a goal for him to be out of the hospital by then so that she would have the best present ever. No one knew he wasn't going to make it until his last night. He fought so very hard. My Grandpa was involved with the Space Program at Rockwell International in California. He even was presented silver snoopy awards by several astranauts. What a honor. He was so very creative. He made many things out of wood and never did sell not one...he gave away everything he had made just to see a smile on someones face. He use to enjoy playing golf and being with family. We had many great gatherings together. He also enjoyed always trying to win that big jackpot. Little did he know, he was always a winner in my eyes. He was loved by many friends too. He will be greatly missed. My daughters and I blow kisses to him in heaven. We also send messages to heaven using blue ballons...blue...Grandpa's favorite color. My Grandpa was always there for me. He even raised me part of my childhood. He was there for me far more than my own Dad could ever be. Oh Grandpa, I miss you with all my heart and soul as I live the rest of my life. Then, I will see you on the other side when God too takes my hand. If there is anyone who wouldn't mind, I still need to let the rest of America know as I had asked for prayers for my Grandpa in every single state. If anyone would let some states know by copying and pasting this message, I would really appreciate it. Please forgive me for not being very strong right now. I had to do every thing I could to be strong for my Nana 24 hours a day. I finally have my alone time now to grieve the loss of my wonderful Grandpa. Thank you God for such a loving and caring Grandpa! And my sincere appreciation to all of you *****ached out to me. Blessings to you all! Bye for now and Good Night. Debbie Davidson Washington Message Board
corapatterson
on 9/11/06 11:45 pm - Lewiston, ID
Dear Debbie, Oh, Debbie our hearts and prayers go out to you. It is so hard to lose a loved one. I am so happy you could be there with him and your Nana. You are so right......his passing is painful and yes you need to grieve now. You grieve girl. He will be there when you go to join your Lord with open arms to great you. Words always seem to fail me when I need them the most. Words seem to be so insufficient when they are needed the most. I can see Debbie that you have so much love and support to give to others, that your Grandpa had a "great influence" in your life. What a blessing your Grandpa has made on all the lives of those that "YOU" touch. You grieve and then dust yourself off and let the blessing of your Grandpa shine on.
lilacs
on 9/12/06 1:51 am - Marysville, WA
I'm so sorry, Debbie. This has been a test of your faith, but it seems as if you are able to give it to God and rest in His arms. Thank-you for all you have done for others - now YOU need to lean on your friends. Thinking of you... Linda
PinkFlamingoes
on 9/12/06 2:09 am - Buckley, WA
Debbie , I am so sorry that you lost your wonderful grandfather . Thank god you got to Las Vegas in time to be with him . I'm so glad your grandmother wasn't alone . It it the worst thing when we lose someone we cherish . We never truly get over it , but you cherish your memories . And they live on through you sharing your wonderful memories with your children . He enriched & blessed your life with love . That is the greatest gift anyone can give . I hope you and your family find comfort in that . And know that we're here for you . Kathy
auntlorlee
on 9/12/06 5:52 am - Bellingham, WA
Ms. Debbie, I am so sorry to hear about your grandpa. He sounds like a wonderful man! I miss my grandpa terribly. He has been gone for 5 years this month. I was there with him right after he died. Kissed his forehead and wished him well on his journey to heaven. I know he is always with me. I feel his presence all the time. He comes and visits me in my dreams too. I am sure your grandpa will be there with you also. Take care and keep in touch, Lori
lorisb
on 9/12/06 8:11 am - Vancouver, WA
I'm so sorry to hear your news. At least you were able to get down and spend more time with him (and support your grandma). He sounds like an incredible man. I'm sure my niece has yet another angel watching out for her (she turns five on Friday! and is doing great -- right now). Again, I am so sorry to hear of your news. You're right. August hasn't been too kind to you. Maybe October will be a bit better... Lori
kdietsch
on 9/12/06 3:13 pm - Everett, WA
Debbie, Thank you for the gift of your post. Your description of your experience touched me deeply. Despite your pain you reached out to us. Grief is an intensly personal road to travel. Walk with God down this road, and know that eventually you will feel at peace again. As you make your grief journey celebrate the gifts that your Grandpa gave to you (time, memories, joy etc...), they will be with you always as a tribute to him. Know also that his legacy lives on in you. Peace, Love and Strength be yours on your journey. Kelly
Aunt Pam
on 9/12/06 4:35 pm - Arlington, WA
Debbie, as others have expressed.... I am so sorry to hear that your grandpa has passed away. Yes, we were concerned where you were, only because you had touched our lives and we missed you. I totally understand how important it was for you to be with your family and at your grandpas side during this hard time, and I am glad you were able to do jst that. He will always be as near to your soul as the reflection in your eyes... my prayers continue to be with and all of your family. Love, Aunt Pam
Most Active