looking for a way to pay for surgery

kaiti1965
on 9/7/06 3:22 pm - Wenatchee, WA
awhile ago someone posted on what one needs to do to get disability to pay when husbands insurance doesnt cover the surgery. We have tried the appeals, all to no avail, and since IM not working much I dont believe we would qualify for a loan to cover the surgery. If you can think of other options, I would be open to hearing anything. thanks Kathy
Michele G.
on 9/7/06 6:04 pm - WA
Kathy, Does your husband have a 401K you can borrow against? If you are worried about qualifing for a loan the 401k might work as you are borrowing your own money. Good Luck, Michele
karen C.
on 9/11/06 2:44 am - Kennewick, WA
Kathy, I fought the insurance fight with Uniform Medical for over a year. Their policy reads "Even if medically necessary we won't cover it." Great huh. . . I ended up self pay. My 94 yr old mom loaned me the money and I'm paying her $200.00 a month forever! I would do it again in a heartbeat. I've lost 184 lbs and feel wonderful. Still want to lose about 30 more lbs. I look at it like buying new car about the same price for a good one! And hopefully it will last much longer. I'd do whatever it takes. I'd take out a second on my home. I hate credit cards and interest but if that way is only way I'd do that too. I know that morbid obesity is a qualifying factor for disability. It's a long hard fight but I'd start it. What have you got to lose? All they can say is no and you've heard that before. Best wishes, Karen C
PinkFlamingoes
on 9/11/06 9:41 am - Buckley, WA
Hey Karen , I have Uniform , too . I had to get a home equity loan . You have done great . My surgery is in 2 1/2 weeks . Kathy
karen C.
on 9/11/06 3:53 pm - Kennewick, WA
Kathy, It is so totally worth it. Best wishes to you. Karen C PS Fond memories of Vi Childs at the Buckley Tavern many years ago. Female comedian that was absolutely hilarious!
Most Active