Anyone know about these Doctors?

MollyRae
on 9/5/06 9:48 am - Clarkston, WA
Hi everyone, I was just wondering if anyone knows anything at all about Dr. Myur Srikanth or Dr. S, Ross Fox of tth Surgical Weight Loss Clinic in Tacoma??? Any info will be helpful. Thanks. Molly
PinkFlamingoes
on 9/5/06 12:02 pm - Buckley, WA
Dr. Srikanth has a good reputation . He also does surgery @ St. Francis which is a hospital of excellence . He & Dr. Oh both do surgery there . Kathy
MollyRae
on 9/6/06 2:07 am - Clarkston, WA
Thank you for your response...Did you like Dr Oh, why did you pick him? My mom is looking to have surgery (lap band) and any info. would be appreciated. Thanks. Molly
PinkFlamingoes
on 9/6/06 4:08 am - Buckley, WA
Hi Molly , I the United States there is something called centers of excellence . And to be a center of excellence there is strict criteria & investigation . It has a lot to do with the doctors & the hospital . My cousin used Dr. Oh , but I did my own investigation . St. Francis is the only center of excellence hospital in Washington state . The two doctors who do the bariatric surgery there are Srikhamp (sp) & Oh . Dr. Oh is the one who initiated the special credentials . He didn't tell me that , the hospital staff did . When I went to my PCP to talk to him about the surgery , he asked who I chose . When I told him , he smiled & said he was the only one he would refer his patients to , because of his reputation & center of excellence thing . Don't get me wrong , there are many other great doctors in this state . Dr. Weber , Dr. Bock , etc...Anyway like another OH member said " Dr. Oh is a typical stoic Asian man" . His bedside manner isn't always great . He's very serious about his record of low complications & wants you to be serious , too . He's never been rude to me . Just not warm & fuzzy . I hope that helps some . Kathy
LaDena
on 9/5/06 4:36 pm - Spokane Valley, WA
Hi....Dr. Srikanth is no longer with the Surgical Weight Loss Clinic...He has moved his practice to Federal Way. I just got a letter from his office today. Of course, I left it at work, but he is now working out of St. Francis. If you go to their website, you can look up the Northwest Weight Management Clinic, and that's where he's located. Dr. Fox will be giving seminars @ Auburn Regional Medical Center on Tuesday evenings. There was one tonight. I didn't get to go, but there is one next week. It's from 5-9pm. If you call their office, they can sign you up. Hope that helps.
MollyRae
on 9/6/06 2:10 am - Clarkston, WA
Thanks...have you had surgery? Who have you picked for a Dr? Like I said in the previous posts, my mom is looking into lap band and any info. is helpful. She has not yet picked a Dr. but she wants to go somewhere close. Thanks again, Molly
LaDena
on 9/6/06 4:24 am - Spokane Valley, WA
Molly, No, I haven't had surgery yet. I'm still doing the research on it. I went to a couple of seminars...one with Dr. Oh and one with Dr. Srikanth. I think they are both probably excellent in their field of medicine. I personally liked Dr. Srikanth. I am checking into if my insurance will cover the surgery. If so, then I plan on setting up a consultation with Dr. Srikanth so I can have a one on one appointment with him to see if he fits my needs and if I'm comfortable with him. If you go to the top of this page and click on Local Resources you can find surgeons there and maybe that will help. Good Luck! Dena
MollyRae
on 9/6/06 9:26 am - Clarkston, WA
Thanks again! Molly
cdw
on 9/7/06 4:13 am - Seattle, WA
Molly, Just so you know. Dr. Oh did my surgery and he is wonderful, but he and Dr. Shrikanth assist each other. So if Dr. Oh is your primary surgeon, Dr. Shrikanth assists him. If Dr. Shrikanth is your primary surgeon, then Dr. Oh assists him, so no matter what you get both surgeons during the operation. It will just be choosing who you want to see in the Dr.'s office. Good Luck.
Most Active