Dare I say goal???

KuuipoCloud
on 8/30/06 3:13 am - Oak Harbor, WA
I didn't really have a specific goal weight in mind when I started this WLS journey, I just wanted to be able to wear a size 12 jeans. (In my body, that's a very good size.) Well, last night I was at Wal-Mart (one of only 3 stores in our town, Wal-Mart, K-Mart, and the Navy Exchange) and I tried on and BOUGHT a size 12L jeans. I couldn't believe it. They fit me just the snugness that I like them. Enough to show curves but not cut off circulation. I can grab a bit of fabric in the back but not like all of the size 16s that I still have that I can grab a handful on either side. I weigh about 180 and I'm ready to stop. My husband doesn't want me to lose anymore either as he says I'm getting "boney" - ME? BONEY?! To be honest, I really am. You can see all of my bones in my shoulders, collar bone, ribs (where there's not the extra skin which I have a good deal of), when I lay down my abdomen is pretty much at my spine, LOL - my knees are all bone. The only place I could even possibly see losing anymore is maybe on my thighs - but not really. I'm 5'8" with a medium to large frame. In HS when I was very athletic I hovered between 175-180 and looked Gooooooood! The reason I'm saying "Dare I say it..." is because I have lost so much in the last month with what I'm now pretty much attributing to a stomach virus - but the endoscopy on the 11th will tell me for sure. Now I can eat normally again and I'm wondering if going from 6-700 calories/day to now back to my 12-1500 or so/day will put some of the weight back on. I'm still not able to do much physically. Walking in Wal-Mart yesterday for an hour ON Vicodin had me laid out on the sofa and taking my strong meds last night (Morphine). It's so frustrating. I felt so good all day yesterday. I cleaned out my fridge, baked a sf apple crumb pie, then went to Wal-Mart and 'bout killed myself. I need to remember that even though I feel good, I still need to take it easy. I have grocery shopping to do today and a few other stops to make, but I think when I do the grocery shopping I'm going to take one of those little motor carts around the store. I also am going to a thrift store to get some size 12 jeans!! Michelle
SallyT
on 8/30/06 3:28 am - Federal Way, WA
Congrats!!!! That is fantastic news. A size 12. WooHoo!!!! And to think, tomorrow will be my first real day starting this weight battle, as you are finishing up the battle. I wish you the world of luck in the future and continued success to you.
morgansmom
on 8/30/06 7:40 am
Congratulations!!! Size 12 is my goal as well, I am in a 14 now, almost two years out. I would like to lose 30 more that would put me at 160, I am 5'9, but if I could just get to a 12 that would be fine. I have never been a size 12, was a 14 once briefly after Nutrisystem I think. Take it easy shopping tonight and get some rest.
PinkFlamingoes
on 8/30/06 7:49 am - Buckley, WA
Michelle , that's wonderful . . When Dr. Oh asked me how much I wanted to weigh , I had no idea . I am 5' 9" & the last time I was at a normal weight was 1978 . I was slender & I have a large frame , so it was probably around 180 lbs . I remember thinking I was a moose . I wish I was there now . lol . Of course all of my friends were petite . I sure hope all goes well with your endoscopy . Take care & keep us posted . Kathy
Aunt Pam
on 8/31/06 5:06 pm - Arlington, WA
Michelle, wow, such wonderful news.. size 12!!!! You know each of us has our own goals and sound like you met yours! I am from a family that always suggested after reaching a goal, it was time to set a new one.. hope you pander awhile at your goal long enough to do some self celebrations! You need to take it easy and not get too warn out, glad you are smart enough to utilize those motor carts. Congradulations! Pam
Sun Smith
on 9/3/06 2:27 am - Seattle, WA
Wow! Congratulations. Looking good. Size 12 is a great size. The news in the last week said the "average" size for American women is 14, so you now have beat the average. Celebrate. You deserve it. -Pam
Most Active