Seattle vacation Labor Day Weekend

~Kim B~
on 8/28/06 3:12 pm - Griffin, GA
Hi! My husband and I are going to Seattle this Friday. I'm very excited!! We'll be spending 2 nights downtown then up to Stanwood to visit my aunts and uncle ( my mom is up there right now because she had her 50th class reunion). My husband has never been to Washington and I can't wait to show him everything. Kim
SallyT
on 8/28/06 7:18 pm - Federal Way, WA
Enjoy the vacation. Seattle area is such a beautiful city to visit. Hope your husband loves our State. I just know he will.
PinkFlamingoes
on 8/29/06 1:13 pm - Buckley, WA
Hi Kim , This is a great time of the year to come to Washington . Make sure you go to the Pike Place market , it's so fun . There are lots of things to see & do in & around Seattle . I live aprox. an hour out of Seattle & only go there about once a year . I don't know why . Maybe Sally would like to go strait from the hospital to Stanwood to be your tour guide . lol . Do you think you'll be up to it Sally ? Kathy
kdietsch
on 8/29/06 2:52 pm - Everett, WA
Hi Kim! Enjoy your two days in Seattle. This weekend (Labor Day) will be BUMBERSHOOT-- which means lots of fun and good music. It'll be a blast! The weather is supposed to be good too-- which helps a lot! Have a blas****ch the traffic through Everett on your way to Stanwood-- it sucks big time right now. It'll take you probably 30 minutes to get through Everett on a good day.... Lots of construction, and the road is just too small.... (who knows maybe on the weekend it won't be too bad) Have a great time! Kelly
Redhead_Momma
on 8/29/06 4:46 pm - Monroe, WA
Hi Kim: I moved to Seattle 6 years agol from the Atlanta area. I love it here!! But, the traffic in downtown will be a lot and a lot of streets blocked off due to Bumbershoot. Lots of live music and food galore....but be prepared for a lot of people!!! You won't have a lot of time to do alot in that short of a stay...but as you go up I-5 towards Stanwood, wave in Lynnwood and I will wave back!!! Take care, be safe, and enjoy your visit! Karen
~Kim B~
on 8/30/06 3:23 am - Griffin, GA
Thanks for everyone's remarks!! I just looked at the Bumbershoot website. Sounds like lot's of fun. We'll be down at Seattle Center because hubby wants to go to EMP and The Space Needle. Luckily, we are staying at the Westin and we can just take the monorail. Sunday morning we are renting a car (across the street from the Westin) and driving to Stanwood. Can't wait!!! Kim
~Kim B~
on 9/5/06 2:15 pm - Griffin, GA
Lynnwood!!! I got a speeding ticket there on Sunday morning!! I tell you, the cops there are evil!!! Anyways, had a great time!!!!! Thanks for everyones responses!! Kim
PinkFlamingoes
on 9/6/06 4:12 am - Buckley, WA
Hey Kim , What else did you do besides get a speeding ticket ? Was the monorail running ? I hope you had fun . Kathy
~Kim B~
on 9/6/06 5:27 am - Griffin, GA
Ha! Let's see, we stayed at the Westin. Saturday went to EMP, took a duck tour, went to the Space Needle, Pike's Place, had dinner at Cutter's and down to pier 54. Went to Ye Olde Curiosity Shop and walked around and even walked all the way down to 70. Sunday, we drove to my aunt's in Stanwood. We went to Mt. Baker and then to Deception Pass. Had a late dinner and then went to bed!!! Got up early and headed down to the airport on Monday. I'll try and get my pics up soon!! Kim
~Kim B~
on 9/6/06 5:30 am - Griffin, GA
Oh, and the monorail was down again. I heard for good!!!
Most Active