My Day Is Nearly Here!

SallyT
on 8/27/06 1:23 pm - Federal Way, WA
And am I ever getting nervous. By Thursday, I'll be a wreck (j/k). Tomorrow, I go to see the surgeon for test results and also to the hospital for pre-op. I can't believe by this time next week, I will be on the losing side. Please say a prayer for me. I need all the good vibes that I can get. Talk to everyone soon.
K C
on 8/27/06 2:51 pm - Bothell, WA
Sending you oodles of good vibes, Sally! My day is Tuesday. Can't believe all this waiting is almost over. Thank goodness, eh? Can't wait to check in with you next week. --Kate
SallyT
on 8/27/06 3:25 pm - Federal Way, WA
Thanks so much Kate! (That is my mom's name) Thank goodness I haven't had an extremely long wait. Got this earlier date at the beginning of August. It was supposed to happen on October 26. I will be staying with my 2 sisters for a few days and I hope to get pampered royally. LOL
PinkFlamingoes
on 8/27/06 4:11 pm - Buckley, WA
Sally , is your check in time 8:00 ? My internist appointment is at 10:30 that day . I was thinking I would pop in either before or afterwards . How's the liquid diet going ? Can you believe how they do it in other places ? Some people never have clear liquids until one ot=r two days befor . And then they eat soft food right away . I think the more cleaned out pre-op , the better . & after , for petes sake we need to heal . I've been messing with my profile all day . Nor that you can tell it . I have added a weight tracker . Actually Someone gave me one that was goofy . Then I made & erased two . Then my grand daughter & I changed the color 6 or 8 times . lol . I'm not changing it any more . Kathy
SallyT
on 8/27/06 4:33 pm - Federal Way, WA
So glad I caught up with you tonight. My check in time is 8 AM on Thursday. Sure wish I knew the time of surgery. It's gonna be extremely hard waiting in that silly room with my gown on and watching tv. Grrr. That would be great if you want to come by. Hopefully, I'm not passed out from anxiety (j/k)! The liquid diet is rough. I'm doing it, but with one slip up. I've had applesauce. And Tina says I had to have some kind of substance. Wish these 3 days would fly out the window, cuz I'm starving. You're right, I don't know how some people get to eat right up to surgery day and then eat 2 days after. Life is so unfair. I did see your profile tonight. I updated mine like 3 minutes after you had. Great minds think alike. LOL Would love to put a ticker on mine, but will wait until after surgery, I guess. Well, I best head for bed, tomorrow is one long driving day.
clegate
on 8/28/06 10:10 am - Shelton, WA
Good luck with everything, Sally. I'm sure you're going to be just fine. Try to relax. We'll be thinking of you. Carol
Kathy W.
on 8/28/06 11:23 am - Lake Tapps, WA
Good luck!. You'll be in my thoughts.
SallyT
on 8/28/06 7:08 pm - Federal Way, WA
Thank you so much for your support. I'm doing fine, and getting more excited by each hour.
SallyT
on 8/28/06 7:05 pm - Federal Way, WA
Thank you Carol for your support. I'm back home after a long drive. I'm relaxed again. LOL 2 days now until surgery.
kdietsch
on 8/28/06 2:15 pm - Everett, WA
Here's to you Sally, and to you Kate! I can remember the nerves the last few days before surgery. But I honestly have not regretted it once! I feel so good, and today I felt fantastic. I ran into a number of colleagues who haven't seen me since June, and they were awed. It does my spirit good to hear such nice things! Take care, and I will keep you both in my prayers. And I can say that yes, the walking helped (I had LAP BAND in April). Good Luck and God Bless. Kelly
Most Active