It's my birthday

PinkFlamingoes
on 8/24/06 2:44 am - Buckley, WA
Hi guys , Today is my 45th birthday . I feel great because it's my last birthday being fat . I'm a little nervous because i've done so good with no sugar . Today my son's girlfriend , who works in a Safeway bakery , & my 8 year old grand daughter are making me a cake . No problem , I can have a little piece . The real temptaion is my friend told me a while back ago that if I made her her favorite cake for her birthday cake , she'd make me mine . Mine is homemade carrot cake . My friend doesn't cook . So I told her that the best store bought is a tiny one at Trader Joe's . She sent her husband to get it & it was so tiny , he bought three , lol . I told her one was plenty & they needed to keep the others . I just don't want to be kicked into a sugar frenzy . I wi**** was closer to my surgery date . lol . PS - This is going to be a great year ! Kathy
lilacs
on 8/24/06 2:52 am - Marysville, WA
Happy Birthday, Kathy!! I'll be 45 end of September and, YES, looking forward to a birthday is fun now....sort of! You know what I mean - I don't FEEL "that old" anymore! Have a wonderful day and enjoy the little piece of carrot cake. The fact that you're even worrying about it PRE-surgery is a big step. Think of the years you would have eaten the 3 and told her to get herself one, too!!!! Linda -208
PinkFlamingoes
on 8/24/06 7:17 am - Buckley, WA
Thanks Linda . It's wonderful to feel good about a birthday . Kathy
corinnaq
on 8/24/06 4:21 am - Woodinville, WA
Happy Birthday!! I know what you mean about the sugar frenzy. I'm doing the low carb thing too (to shrink the liver) and as long as I don't give in a little I can keep myself in line. The great thing is that sometimes just a small serving is enough to get a taste and not feel totally deprived...especially on your birthday Anyway, have fun and I hope you have a great day. Corinna Q
PinkFlamingoes
on 8/24/06 7:19 am - Buckley, WA
Thanks Corinna , Yea , if I can stay away from sugar i'm okay . But it's like a demon . lol . I'm going to have it tonight & back to none tomorrow . The leftovers are going to my moms . lol . Kathy
auntlorlee
on 8/24/06 4:29 am - Bellingham, WA
Happy Birthday Kathy! Hope you have a WONDERFUL day! Lori
PinkFlamingoes
on 8/24/06 7:22 am - Buckley, WA
Thanks Lori , It is a wonderful day . The only one that could possibly be better is next year . Kathy
SusanL
on 8/24/06 5:42 am - Somewhere out there, WA
Happy Birthday Kathy. My oldest son turned 15 yesterday...How is your knee doing? Went to Dr OH's for my nutritional appointment and was able to get my date moved up to Oct 3. Then went to Vitalady for samples. I had a rough time getting a couple of them down but was able to settle on two for now. After surgery I will sample again and see how it goes then. I was picked up the Hair, Skin and Nail vitamins she sales. Started my shakes last night per Tina and I down them right now hoping that they will soon get easier to handle.
PinkFlamingoes
on 8/24/06 7:29 am - Buckley, WA
Thanks for the birthday wishes . Is your son very artistic ? I am . I need to run into Vita Lady , too . I need to order my vitamins . I have grown to like the shakes . Get some of the sugarfree syrups . I've been playing around with them alot . I was going to get the skin nails stuff , too . Congratulations on getting your date moved . My date was moved , too . I'm so excited . I'm having mine on September 28th . Someone who was having an open procedure must have cancelled . Dr. Oh does certain procedures on certain days . You'll get used to the shakes . Take care . Kathy
SallyT
on 8/26/06 12:04 am - Federal Way, WA
Happy Belated Birthday! I am so tickled for you that the WLS got moved up. I knew it would!
Most Active