Insurance for Self Pay Patients

corinnaq
on 8/21/06 9:07 am - Woodinville, WA
Hi all! Just some information for those self pay patients out there that are concerned with the cost of possibly complications. www.bliscompany.com is a fairly new company that you pay a one time fee to (at the time of your surgery) and they will cover any complications that might arise from WLS for the year following. Dr Joseph Chebli and Northwest Hospital will be one of the first surgeons/hospitals in Washington state to offer this program to their self pay patients. It is suppose to be in place by the end of August or September of this year. It certainly relieves the mind. While I am willing to put up the initial large sum of money for the actualy surgery I am not willing to risk our entire lives for astronomical hospital bills from possible complications. While the risks have been lowered a lot in the last few years they are still higher than with other more routine surgeries and I don't want to be one of those folks who says "that won't happen to me." and then it does!!! So I hope this gives some of you out there the chance to say yes to WLS when before you might not have.
SallyT
on 8/21/06 12:53 pm - Federal Way, WA
Sure wish this was in place for me, but my surgery is 8/31, and I'm self pay. What a great opportunity for people with upcoming surgeries!
kataryn
on 8/21/06 2:11 pm - WA
The website doesn't give much information ... and it doesn't appear to list the DS as one of the procedures. Too bad it's not available to anyone, and not just patients of a particular surgeon. Sounds like the wheels are turning though, and maybe more things like this will be available soon!
corinnaq
on 8/22/06 5:00 am - Woodinville, WA
I would give them a quick call or e-mail (they are pretty prompt about getting back to you) and ask because they might cover the DS as well. Corinna Q
PinkFlamingoes
on 8/21/06 3:38 pm - Buckley, WA
That's good news for those who will be able to get it . I wish there was something available , for me now . Kathy
(deactivated member)
on 8/30/06 5:39 am - Bothell, WA
Corinna, Thanks for the info. I attended Dr. Chebli's Seminar, and have decided to have him do my surgery. I also will be self paying. Do you know how much it is for the coverage?
Most Active