Greetings & introduction

K C
on 8/20/06 3:52 pm - Bothell, WA
Hi, All. I'm heading in to surgery in just over a week...my surgeon recommended this board so here I am! (I promise to do EVERYTHING he says!) My name's Kate and I live on the Eastside of Seattle. I'm not nervous yet but everybody keeps asking me if I am! Mostly I'm jazzed, feeling ready, and looking forward to the three weeks away from my job (vacation at any cost?). Today I rounded up all the nutrition supplements I should need for a while, new jammies for the hospital, and gave my dog a bath. I don't think I'm forgetting anything. AM I? That's it for now: Just wanted to introduce myself and say, "Hello." --Kate
PinkFlamingoes
on 8/21/06 7:47 am - Buckley, WA
Hi Kate & welcome . So , who's your surgeon & which procedure are you having ? I am glad you decided to check out OH . There are lots of great people & lots of information here . Kathy
K C
on 8/21/06 4:21 pm - Bothell, WA
Dr. Lauter will have the honor of performing my RNY surgery. ;-) We'll be doing the tango at Overlake Hospital in Bellevue. Thanks for the greetings & well wishes. You seem like a friendly bunch--glad to make your e-quaintance. :-) --Kate
clegate
on 8/21/06 10:13 am - Shelton, WA
Hi Kate, I am 2 weeks out of surgery tomorrow. I had a really easy time with it. Hope you do too. In fact, I felt like I could have gone back to work the following Monday but since I'm a teacher I didn't have to. I never got nervous either until I had to say goodbye to my family on my way to surgery. Really there was no need for nervousness. Good luck with everything and welcome. The Washington boards are great. Carol
Camano-Tina
on 8/21/06 12:09 pm - Camano Island, WA
Welcome Kate: My name is Santina and I am almost 10months post op. I had RNY open on Oct 10, 2005. So far I have released 111# and 87" gone from size 3X/26 to 16/18. Very happy to havemade this decision. Blessings to you. Hoping all goes well for you . You may read more on my profile : Santina Y. Love, 306/195/150
SallyT
on 8/21/06 12:35 pm - Federal Way, WA
Hello and welcome. This is the best board! We used to live in Renton for almost 30 years. My surgery will be in Federal Way, with Dr. Oh. Who are you going through?
SusanL
on 8/21/06 2:11 pm - Somewhere out there, WA
Kate, Congrats on your upcoming surgery. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
LaDena
on 8/21/06 11:59 pm - Spokane Valley, WA
Kate, Hi there! I'm still just learning about WLS. But, wanted to welcome you. This is the BEST board ever! I am loving just reading different stories, good and bad. There is so much information here. My friend just went through RNY a couple of months ago. I helped take care of her afterwards. And here are a few things I would suggest: 1. Get a little cooler and put it by your bed and fill it with the little bottles of water. That made it easier for her to get her water in when she wasn't feeling up to walking downstairs to the kitchen to ge****er. 2. Get some baby wipes. That way if you are unable to shower right away, you can still freshen up. I got them for her as a joke and she loved them. Said it was a great to even just wipe her neck and face to help freshen up. 3. I have one of those body pillows that I let her use and she said that was a blessing, because she had to stay a little elevated, and it helped to make it easier for her to get into a position she could sleep more comfortable in. Hope those ideas have helped. Good luck to you and let us know how you are doing! Dena
Sun Smith
on 8/22/06 1:00 pm - Seattle, WA
Kate - welcome to the Washington board. There are wonderful and supportive people here. Your surgeon will be thrilled that you are following all of his advice. I follow almost all of my surgeon's advice too - and it certainly does help in taking you down the path to long term success. In addition to this board, I suggest after surgery you start also (not instead of, but in addition to this board) the August (or will it be September?) 2006 board. Getting to know the folks that had surgery the same time you did will be very helpful. Often you'll go through the same types of issues within a month or so of each other. If it is an active group, you'll learn a lot while getting a lot of support. Our July 2005 group even did a small get together for a long weekend. People flew into Las Vegas from New York, Michigan and Washington. Come back often and tell us how you are doing. -Pam
Billie Jo C.
on 8/22/06 4:31 pm - Spokane, WA
Hi Kate.. I will keep you in my prayers for your upcoming surgery. Good luck and take care. -Billie Jo
Most Active