Medicare: I have to write a Letter?

KennyC
on 8/17/06 9:53 pm - Seattle, WA
Hello, im pretty much new here. Im under the impression after exploring the Site that i have to write Medicare a Letter for aproval, is this correct? Im sorry but im just totally Nieve about medicare, ive only been on it since March. Ive been placed on a list for Medicare aproval at Virginia Mason in Seattle by a person named Mathew, is this good enough? or do i still write this Letter? and if so to whom? any help on VM goings on and prosedures is vey much apreciated thank you. :)
PinkFlamingoes
on 8/18/06 7:03 am - Buckley, WA
Welcome Ken . I'm not familiar with how medicare works . Usually you go to your regular doctor . When you make your appt . don't tell them it's specifically about weight loss . I did that & had to pay the $97.00 bill . Most insurances won't pay for an office visit to just discuss weight loss . Isn't that stupid ? So depending on your co-morbidities (ie- blood pressure , diabetes , arthritis , etc...) make an appt. for one of those . Then tell the doctor you want a referral for a Bariatric surgeon . Then they (the weight loss surgeons office) evaluate you , etc... & they send in the request . That's the way it works for regular insurance . I may be wrong . If someone knows different they can correct me . I won't be offended8 -) . Good luck Kathy
Luna_Rose
on 8/25/06 5:56 am - Wenatchee, WA
Hi Ken~ I have some information I received from Carol Pielli, the bariatric coordinator at the Rockwood Clinic in Spokane regarding Medicare/Medicaid requirements. If you would like me to send it to you via email, let me know! Take care! Cindy
KennyC
on 8/25/06 1:23 pm - Seattle, WA
YES PLEASE! thank you very much.
Billie Jo C.
on 9/7/06 6:43 am - Spokane, WA
I'm kinda in the same situation as Ken...would it be possable Cindy if you could send me the same info? I would be so greatful... -Billie Jo ([email protected])
Most Active