anyone else having a problem here ?

PinkFlamingoes
on 8/17/06 12:18 pm - Buckley, WA
Twice I posted about my knee in my thread & it didn't show up either time . frustrating . Now I bet both will show up . I even refreshed . I'm not writing it all again . I have a torn meniscus . The nurse called this afternoon . I go back in tuesday . UGH... Kathy
PinkFlamingoes
on 8/17/06 12:20 pm - Buckley, WA
Told ya so .
LaDena
on 8/18/06 4:04 pm - Spokane Valley, WA
Kathy.... Oh no! So, what's going to happen now? I was having problems getting on to the site and was just now able to get on. Have been thinking about you and hoping the best for you. Let me know how you're doing.
PinkFlamingoes
on 8/18/06 5:17 pm - Buckley, WA
Hi Dena , Boy this sites been having alot of problems lately . My first priority is my WLS , because that's my life . I'm now on L&I with 60 % of my wages , or will be when they get it started , since I got hurt at work . I'm hoping that the recouperation of my knee overlaps my WLS , because I was going to have to take leave without pay for my WLS recouperation . At this point I don't know if my knee will require surgery , yet . One thing also , I was supposed to have my bathroom redone . To save money I was going to do the deconstruction . I won't be able to do much now . Oh , it'll work out the way it's supposed to . I'm a 1/2 full glass kind of person , so I won't fret too much (I hope) . Kathy
LaDena
on 8/19/06 9:51 am - Spokane Valley, WA
Kathy, Yep, I'm a night owl. You have sure had a heck of a time of it lately. I really feel for you. But, you're right, it'll all work out, it always does. I am getting things in order for my husband to leave. He's in the USAF and leaves around the 5th of Sept for a about 5 months. My goal while he's gone is to get as much information and knowledge as I can about WLS, and maybe get started on a few of the pre-op things. Plus, get a few bills paid off before he gets back. That way by this time next year I hope to say, "I've had surgery and I've lost ____pounds." Well, I've spent my day cleaning house, so I'm now going to go clean me, and then go do some shopping with my hubby. Have a good day!
Sun Smith
on 8/22/06 1:07 pm - Seattle, WA
I'm glad you posted and gave us an update. I was thinking about you. I had my torn meniscus repaired. The surgery was no big deal. Getting the surgery was. Since I have arthiritis, two surgeons didn't want to do the repair, because they felt it wouldn't really make any difference. That the arthiritis was more of a problem than the tear. Losing the weight helped the knee and the knee pain (along with the physical therapy). However, I wanted it fixed. I wanted to ski again. I wanted to bicycle. So, the third surgeon agreed to do the surgery. I had it in June. Went well. Today my bicycle got fixed, so this weekend I'll take it out. If I can bicycle - the surgery was a major success. I'll post and let you know how it goes. -Pam
Mary G.
on 8/26/06 8:21 am - Deming, WA
Sorry about your knee Kathy. Are you in much pain? Rest, ice, compression and elevation, but don't be too brave and ask for pain relief if you need it to be comfortable. Take care, MaryG
PinkFlamingoes
on 8/26/06 8:54 am - Buckley, WA
Thanks Mary . The worse pain was the first few days . it doesn't really hurt unless I try to do too much , or bend it much . The first few days ice was my best friend . I have an appt with an Ortho , on the 7th . I had a really bad tear in my other knee two years ago . I waited to go to the doctor , because I thought it was a pulled muscle . I did stuff , etc... By the time I went in it was really swollen . This time i've been staying off it alot & it's hardly even swollen . I appreciate the concern . Kathy
Most Active