New member from Spokane WA.

Billie Jo C.
on 8/16/06 4:15 pm - Spokane, WA
Hi Everyone... I'm new to the site and decided it was time for me to make a post. I have decided to under go the long journey to obtain Bariatric surgery. I first approached my Doctor back in January and asked about the surgery. I felt like I was being brushed off. She made a note about it and told me to continue diet and exercise. I decided that I was not going to get anywhere and just gave up, God what a fool I was! I found out that she graduated and moved out of that office with no means of contact...hummmm not sure what just happen there but, that explains the brush off.... So like always, the battle of the bulge continues and health problems start crouping up again. I joined the YMCA bought a 200 dollar bike, and an above group pool. 7 months pass and I need to return to the Doctor for med review in order to get refills on my medication. I chose another Doctor from that office and decided that I was going to try again. I promised myself I would not fall apart like I did the last time. I went in with the attitude of not taking NO for an answer. My health is only getting worse along with the depressed feeling. So I lay it all on the table and she looked at me and said .... "Billie Jo I do not want to be the road block that stands in your way ...I can see you have done much research and this is something you really want to happen for you." She talked a little bit about the operation and suggested I go and talk with a Surgeon. I already felt 10lbs lighter. I was so happy to hear her agree with me that I began to tear up. But I reminded myself not to fall apart. So I pulled myself together and handed her some information I received from Obisityhelp.com. This site has been great. I have found information that has really helped me out. I look forward to any advice or suggestions that anyone has to offer. If your in the Spokane Area and want to chat send me an e-mail any time. I can't offer much advice because I'm still in the process of making this happen for myself....but if you have any advice send it to [email protected] Sorry for the rambling :-D Question: I brought this all to the table back in January to the first Doctor. 7 months later with diet and exercise I lost 6lbs. Do you think I will have to start from the begining with the 3 stage process of approval? or can my Doctor go back throught my medical files and pick up from there?
PinkFlamingoes
on 8/17/06 3:29 am - Buckley, WA
Welcome Billie Jo . What is required depends on your insurance . Some trust the word of your physician (which they should) , others make you jump through major hoops . On this screen you'll find the word insurance . Click it & click where it says my insurance . You'll see a map , click Washington . Then you'll be able to see what people have written about their insurance company . Try to find some more recent ones . That will give you an idea . Also look in your insurance packet or call them . Keep us posted on your progress . Kathy
Billie Jo C.
on 8/17/06 7:52 am - Spokane, WA
Thank you Kathy for the warm welcome... I have taken a look at the insurance page but, for some reason I feel like I'm not getting enough info. I know its just me and I have gotten plenty to inform me and keep me up to date. Its just that nagging feeling like you could be doing more when you have done more then enough. I'm sure people can relate to that feeling :-D I have gone so far as to obtaining my RE records back to 1990 for my chronic Back troubles. After a long time of pain and suffering I had 3 herniated disc but, only 2 of them could be fixed with out weakening my back or causing further injury. I plan on sending those along with my per-approval in hopes that it will further my chances of getting the help I deserve. Again thank you for the warm welcome and the information...I'll try and keeps things up to date. Billie Jo
PinkFlamingoes
on 8/17/06 12:02 pm - Buckley, WA
Hey Billie Jo , I know what you mean about feeling like you're missing something . And it never hurts to be thorough . Keep plugging away at it & you'll be where you need to go . Kathy
clegate
on 8/18/06 3:22 am - Shelton, WA
Hi Billie Jo, Welcome to the group. You'll find this to be a great place to come for advice and support. Especially the Washington board. The people who post here are great. Good luck with your journey. I just had surgery last week so this is all new to me too but if there's anything you'd like to ask, please feel free. Carol
Billie Jo C.
on 8/18/06 6:04 am - Spokane, WA
Hi Carol, thank you for the warm welcome. I'm in the first faze of getting things ready. So I look forward to any advice or friendships established here. I will be seeing my Dr. on the 30th of August. She should be referring me over to Dr. Rawlings. We discussed that but with some of the information I received that day I was unsure if I should go see him or wait till my next visit. I'll find out then I guess, I don't want to jump the gun. Again thank you for the warm welcome and congratulations on your surgery. Billie Jo
Redhead_Momma
on 8/18/06 6:43 pm - Monroe, WA
Hi Billie Jo, Welcome to the board. I have been looking into the WLS for almost 6 months now and am just beginning the insurance part of it. It helps to read and ask and read some more.....and this is a wonderful group here....and also the sub groups....check into all that apply. If you ever need any little thing...there is always someone here to help with it. There are also several support group meetings in different areas...you might want to talk to some real live people. In the mean time, welcome to our family. Karen
SallyT
on 8/19/06 3:15 pm - Federal Way, WA
Hi BillieJo. Welcome, Welcome! As you can see, I'm not far from my surgery date. Getting a bit nervous, but I'll be fine. So will you! Good Luck with this new adventure - Sally
girlwcurl
on 8/21/06 3:55 pm - spokane, WA
hi billiejo i saw you were from spokane so am i - well medical lake that is- we just moved from the south hill-i am trying to get surgery as well- but am waiting for the surgeons office to get a "certificate of excellence" first - because otherwise medicare wont cover it- shcrocks office should have it by jan2007- so in the meantime i am doing tons of research and starting the process- if you ever want to meet let me know- i would love to get together with some locals for support- many blessings- reebeckah
Sun Smith
on 8/22/06 1:11 pm - Seattle, WA
Billie Jo, Welcome to the Washington board. There are a great group of people here, and very supportive. -Pam
Most Active