new here-dshs question

girlwcurl
on 8/14/06 3:02 pm - spokane, WA
i am sooo glad i found this site- i have just been poking around for months not really having any help or direction- an although i found lots of info on the various surgeries- i cant seem to find a site that lists all the pre-requsites that dshs has to attain surgery- so if anyone knows a resource i would be very grateful- thanks
PinkFlamingoes
on 8/14/06 4:41 pm - Buckley, WA
Hi Rebeckah , Welcome . I'm glad you found OH , too . Besides the Washington board , there is a main board , which is very active , and there are boards for the specific procedures . There are also boards for specific categories , ie - over 40 , the mens thread , etc...I would say that you should ask your case worker . It seems that things at DSHS changes alot . I am raising two of my grandchildren & they have DSHS medical . Apart from that a lot of common requirements for regular insurance are : BMI of 40 or above , unless there are co-morbidities . Weight loss diet history , commonly a 6 month doctor supervised diet is required . A Psych eval . The weight loss surgeon will have requirements beyond that . Those requirements vary , but are meant for a healthy & positive outcome . Keep in touch . Kathy
girlwcurl
on 8/21/06 3:59 pm - spokane, WA
thanks kathy looks like i have to deal with medicare first- and have a co-morbidity- which i think i have some but not sure- the medicare list is vauge- thanks for welcoming me i feel pretty isolated
donnalittle
on 8/19/06 6:33 am
Hi Rebeckah This is a very good site. I have gotten so much information off of it. I also have Medicaid. Here is a list of pre-requsites that Medicaid list. wac 388-531-1600. I hope this helps. also if you go back through the, view old posts, You can find more questions that people have asked about Medicaid. I hope this helps. If you have anymore questions let me know. I'll try to help as much as I can. Good luck.
Luna_Rose
on 8/25/06 5:50 am - Wenatchee, WA
Rebeckah~ I'm attaching a copy of the Medicare/Medicaid guidelines I received from Carol Pielli, the bariatric coordinator for Rockwood Clinic in Spokane. Some of the wording is confusing, so if you have questions she can be reached at 1-800-776-4048 or 1-509-838-2531 ext. 2607. I hope this helps you. I am pre-op, still trying to figure out precisely what steps to take as I am on Medicare/Medicaid, also. Good luck! Cindy
Luna_Rose
on 8/25/06 5:54 am - Wenatchee, WA
Oops...cannot attach. If you want me to email it to you, just let me know. I need coffee today...LOL. Cindy
girlwcurl
on 8/25/06 1:43 pm - spokane, WA
yes thank you that would be great-you can email me at [email protected] (there is no "e" at the end of blu) thanks a ton
Most Active