I may have a problem .

PinkFlamingoes
on 8/11/06 11:33 am - Buckley, WA
Today at work I hurt my left knee . A couple of years ago I had surgery on my right knee for a torn meniscus . That is what my left knee feels like . I couldn't get into the doctors office , so I had to go to the emergency room . The doctor at the ER said it probably was a torn meniscus but didn't do any testing . Monday I go for my final testing for my WLS . My WLS surgery isn't scheduled until October 19th , but I was hoping to get in early . Now this complicates things alot .
Cynthia_G.
on 8/11/06 11:48 am - moses lake, WA
I don't see how ??is the problem because of time you will be off from work?? Cynthia
PinkFlamingoes
on 8/11/06 11:58 am - Buckley, WA
Well , the problem is , it is L&I . Most likely I will be put on light duty until the knee thing is resolved , however long that takes them . Meanwhile I was hoping to get on the WLS cancellation list , so I could have that sooner . I don't know about having surgery while on L&I for another medical issue . I hope i'm worrying needlessly . ~ Kathy
Cynthia_G.
on 8/11/06 12:06 pm - moses lake, WA
OH!! I get it I don't know how that would work ?? hopefully they can get you in sooner cynthia
SallyT
on 8/11/06 7:44 pm - Federal Way, WA
Aww Kathy, so sorry to hear about your knee. Goodness, will say my prayers for you that this does not affect your WLS. Sure was great to meet you in person at the nutritional meeting. I did make it to VitaLady on Wed evening, and ordered a ton of vitamins and protein drink. Very nice people there and the meeting was great. I now have my PFT and ultrasound out of the way. I came home Friday afternoon. Keep us informed! Take Care!
PinkFlamingoes
on 8/12/06 9:10 am - Buckley, WA
Hi Sally , I enjoyed meeting you , too . Sorry I was so weird . I had a major migraine & had taken medicine for it , but it hadn't gone away . I hadn't eaten anything that day yet , but didn't feel like I should leave because of the medicine . So , I ended up taste testing the two different cappuccino samples for lunch . They were each a 1/2 serving . I thought the nectar brand one was terrible . The other was great , like a mocha latte . You'll have to try yours & compare with my opinion . lol . I had my appt. with Dr. Oh @ 1:30 that same day , to go over the EGD results . I won't let anything interfere with my surgery . My body falling apart one of the main reasons I'm having the surgery . I'm glad you made it to vita-lady . I felt bad that I couldn't direct you . With the meds & migraine I had a hard time concentrating . Was Rachel there ? I just loved her . She is a hoot & very informative . Talk to ya later . Kathy
SusanL
on 8/12/06 2:29 pm - Somewhere out there, WA
Kathy, Sorry to hear about your knee. I hope everything goes ok. Keep us posted.
SallyT
on 8/15/06 12:37 am - Federal Way, WA
Hi Kathy, Well, as you can see, my surgery date got moved way up, like this month! Yikes! I couldn't get the 10/26 date to work. I emailed Tina with the situation and she called me very last minute last week, and I'm going in on August 31. I've already driven down to Federal Way twice in the last week for tests and classes. I've had my ultrasound, PFT, bloodwork done. Yesterday was a very quick drive for the day to the hospital for their nutrition/day of surgery class. The nutrition part of the class wasn't much different than Tina's nutrition class, but enjoyed the nurse explaining the hospital protocol and what's happening on the day of surgery. I bought the mocha cappuccino drink at VitaLady, but returned it yesterday. I don't like the chocolate aftertaste, which surprises me, cuz I love chocolate. I went instead with the vanilla/cinnamon flavor. And then bought 2 samples of carmel and irish cream syrups. No sweet tooth here, LOL. (J/K) I'm not sure if I know who Rachel is. But Michelle is so cute and so kind. Truly enjoyed that meeting! Will not have any more tests now until 8/23, so I get a little break. Then, it's colonoscopy and EGD test together on one day. Yuck! Have to see internist directly after those tests. Kinda seems like scheduling is kinda backwards. Oh well, just as long as I get all tests done. Right now, I'm gonna sleep for the next 2 days. LOL I hope your knee is feeling better. I have weak knees also, so kinda know how you're feeling, but no arthritis. Thank Heavens! But you take care. Talk to you soon, Sally
PinkFlamingoes
on 8/15/06 11:09 am - Buckley, WA
Wow sally , you said your date got moved , but I didn't know it got moved that far . That's great . You'll probably be in recovery by the time I get out of my appt . I hope you get to be first . It is horrible having to wait . I'm on the cancellation list , so hopefully i'll get in sooner than 10-19 . I'm having an MRI on thursday . Of course this is the worse time to be off staff wise . I feel bad about that . Our person in the safety office is terrible to work with . Oh well , life goes on . Kathy
SusanL
on 8/15/06 3:42 pm - Somewhere out there, WA
Sally, Congrats on getting your date moved up. I too am hoping to get my date moved up and have finished all my preop test in hopes to get an earlier date. I will be gone the week of your surgery so good luck. Can't wait to join you on the losing side. Susan
Most Active