cigna has more hurls than a high school track race!!

Cynthia_G.
on 8/11/06 11:11 am - moses lake, WA
cigna has added another hurl for me to jump ... but im not giving up , they wish cynthia
PinkFlamingoes
on 8/11/06 11:22 am - Buckley, WA
Cynthia , That's the attitude . Don't give in . That's what they want . ~ Kathy
Cynthia_G.
on 8/11/06 11:40 am - moses lake, WA
thanks for the support!! i know the only way to get this is if I stay on top of it!! I almost feel sorry for the ladies at the Doc's office I know its not there fault I'm the go between for the Doc's and the nutritionist and and anyone else the insurance needs stuff from the insurance company is going to get a stack of paper 4" thick it would be easier to just approve Cynthia
sassafras
on 8/16/06 4:38 am - Dayton, OH
Hopefully it's a "hurdle" they want you to jump-not a pile of vomit. That would be gross.
Tahoeduck
on 8/16/06 5:46 am - Kent, WA
Cynthia - oops, I have Cigna too and am just new to this - trying to find a surgeon and decide if want DS or RNY. Please tell me about the hurdles? what kind of stuff do they want? thanks so much for any info. (I called them and they said WLS is a covered benefit for me but that is all I know so far) Lynn
PinkFlamingoes
on 8/16/06 10:20 am - Buckley, WA
Hi Lynn , When you called Cigna , did they say which procedures they covered ? Some are picky about which ones they'll cover . Sometimes there's no rhyme or reason . One will cover RNY & not lap band . Another will cover lap band & not the other . And I don't know about DS . There is at least one support group for DS in the area & quite a few for RNY . Kathy
Cynthia_G.
on 9/3/06 4:09 am - moses lake, WA
Lynn I dont know a lot , but I know they want one to have been in the care of a Dr. for wt. loss for 6 months to a year and see a dietitian blood labs to rule out thyroid trouble then they send you for a sleep apnea test then if you are approved which usually dont happen on the first try the doc's reached over any thing else they need for approval and do whatever they say,... you IE.... hurdles you are approved the surgeon has tests pre- opp that all go on the insurance they need you to send copies of of the Dr's note's not just a letter from the Dr's you have seen but actual note from your Med charts!!! it sound like a lot and it is but they just want you to quit!! but dont let them win you must do what is best for your health and who knows your body better than you so just keep on keeping on OK! Cynthia
Tahoeduck
on 9/3/06 8:48 am - Kent, WA
Cynthia - thanks so much for all the scoop on Cigna; I think I am covering most of the bases you mentioned - currently in a wt loss program with dr and going to counselor for "behavior modification", labs are done and normal, have two drs to document my two main co-morbidities, just have to wait til Jan to finish the 6 mo wt loss with dr. (LOL, some weight loss, I gained last month on the "Sonoma diet") If I don't get approved, I think I will get a second mortgage and go to Dr. Marchesini in Brazil ! Let me know how you do with your approval process and surgery. Good luck. Lynn
Most Active