I'm home!

clegate
on 8/11/06 7:32 am - Shelton, WA
I got home last night but after a 2 hour car ride, didn't feel much like posting. Everything went perfectly. Dr. Bock is amazing. My surgery went so well that he got it done in less time than is normal. I only had to drink one cup of the nasty stuff for the leak test too! I feel pretty good and only taking 1/2 a pain pill and it's only 3 days post op! I tried to puree some egg beaters and ground turkey this morning for breakfast and apparently didn't get them ground enough. Ewww. That felt yucky. Stuck to apple sauce for lunch since I knew that was good. Anyone else have that happen? It's so good to be home. Carol
auntlorlee
on 8/11/06 7:37 am - Bellingham, WA
YEAHHHHHHH!!!!!! Congrats you big loser!!!! I am so glad things went well! I would take it easy on the meat the first few weeks.... they made me sicker than sick the first 2 weeks. Add cheese to the eggbeaters for more protein. And stick to the softer blander foods. Trust me! I am so glad you are home. Thanks for posting! Lori
Cynthia_G.
on 8/11/06 10:42 am - moses lake, WA
congratsgood luck wth everything keep use updated you will learn to juggle it in time cynthia
PinkFlamingoes
on 8/11/06 11:20 am - Buckley, WA
Carol it's wonderful to hear how well you're doing . That is a long drive when you've just gotten out of the hospital . Take it easy . ~ Kathy
breno
on 8/11/06 2:45 pm
Hey Carol I am following you on both message boards Anticipating all your ups and downs and things you go through this first week home- If my mammogram goes ok (the second one-with ulta sound) then I am on the surgery list Aug 24th. Today was the first time I felt emotions like I wasn't going to go through with it- My husband spoke in the way through the Lord I know this -that I am being given this to make my life and ministry here on earth work -not for me- but for the Lord. So those feelings soon left... anyway back to following you - please as you go day to day share when you feel like it- let me know if you need a home visit also. BRENDA
Sun Smith
on 8/13/06 12:10 am - Seattle, WA
I'm not surprised at it feeling yucky. I started on bland foods and experimented. It was protein drinks and broth in the beginning. I didn't add meat for a couple of weeks. Congratulations on the surgery and thrilled that it went smoothly for you. -Pam
Most Active