PLEASE PRAY FOR MY GRANDPA

Debbie D.
on 8/7/06 8:26 am - Chelan, WA
Today is a bad day. I have been crying so much that It took me a long time to get signed onto the net. I need to turn to you all again, but now it is for my Grandpa. My Grandpa Earl is my maturnal Grandfather. He is 84 years old. He and my Nana raised me part of my life and I am very close to them. They recently just left my town to make their last trip to Las Vegas. My Grandpa had fallen on hard cement and broke his hip I am told. He has to have surgery. He is at a hospital in Las Vegas called Mountain View Hospital. My Grandpa's PCP here in Chelan had told him a few months back that he has a leaking heart valve and if there were to do surgery that it my be too much for him and he may not make it. I am so very worried that I may lose my Grandpa. I don't even have money to go be with him. I fear I may not see him again. I am trying to stay positive. I just can't stop crying about him. He will have to stay in a convalescent hospital for 6-8 weeks. He is so far away from home. All I can do is pray my heart out and turn to everyone at OH for theirs prayers. My Nana (grandmother) was stepping out of the elevator at the hospital and stubbed her bad toe bad enough that now she is in the emergency room there getting checked out. PLEASE, PLEASE pray for them. I hope many people are reading this. Please send to others you know, churches, anyone. We need your prayers. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Debbie Davidson
SallyT
on 8/7/06 12:14 pm - Federal Way, WA
Debbie,may the heavenly angels watch over your grandpa and grandma. God Bless Them. I will say a huge prayer for them tonight. May they have a very speedy recovery and get back home to you soon. God Bless You Also, Sally
Debbie D.
on 8/7/06 8:52 pm - Chelan, WA
Thank you so very, very much! I feel so very weak and helpless. I wish my Grandparents were here at home. My Nana had ripped her toe nail completely off when she was coming out of the elevator somehow. They told her that she will be in severe pain when the novacane wears off. They told her to stay off her feet but I know she will not be stopped by that to see my Grandpa. My Grandpa was too stubborn to go to the hospital because he doesn't like doctors and says that it's too expensive. My uncle said he didn't care how much it will cost. He told them to have the hospital send him the bill. He lives in So. California where we all are from. Thank you Sally! Blessings, Deb
PinkFlamingoes
on 8/7/06 3:28 pm - Buckley, WA
Debbie , I hope your grandpa recovers quickly . Your grandma must feel kind of lost (not literally) down there . But there are wonderful people all over the world . I'm sure someone will help make their time there easier as there are a lot of seniors down there . And i'm sure a social worker will talk to them . In a disjointed way , i'm trying to say that although a broken hip is very serious for a senior , there are great resources for them out there . Maybe you could look up the Las Vegas chamber of commerce , & senior resource sites & get some information for them .
Debbie D.
on 8/7/06 8:44 pm - Chelan, WA
Thank you so much for being there for Aunt Pam and now me and my family. I can't sleep and I can't stop crying. I have had a bad headache since yesterday and my migrain pills aren't helping. I had to check my e-mails for support. I can't sleep. I don't know what to do with myself. I love them so very much. Thank you for being there and God Bless you, Deb
(deactivated member)
on 8/7/06 4:00 pm - Somewhere in, WA
Hi Debbie! I too was raised by my Grandparents and understand the closeness you feel. Please know that during my 3 year olds prayers this eve, our family prayed for you and your family. We will continue to pray for you and yours during this difficult time. Check in when you can and let us know how things are going. Granted I am new to OH and a new online friend to you but... remember we are only a thought, a post or an email away. Love and Light, Cyndi
Debbie D.
on 8/7/06 8:39 pm - Chelan, WA
Oh thank you and your family so very much! Your e-mail touched me so. Thank you! I can't sleep and had to turn on my computer for support. Thank you! God Bless you and your family. Thank you!
auntlorlee
on 8/8/06 1:37 am - Bellingham, WA
Debbie, I am sorry for your loss of your friend Becky. And I will definitely be praying for your Grandpa. I miss my grandpa so much. We were very close. I will keep you and your family close to my heart. Please keep up the faith that he will pull through. Lots of love, Lori
lilacs
on 8/8/06 3:18 am - Marysville, WA
I will pray for your grandpa. This is an awful thing to have happen on vacation. And bless your gramma's heart - she's in our prayers too. Thanks again for everything you did for Pam. Take care, Debbie. Linda
lorisb
on 8/9/06 4:56 am - Vancouver, WA
Debbie, Any updates on your grandparents? Lori
Most Active