UPDATE: AUNT PAM

Debbie D.
on 8/4/06 5:11 pm - Chelan, WA
UPDATE: I spoke to Pam's daughter Rodleen just now. Pam took her first steps tonight. She also ate spoonfuls of juice. Her family is not sure how long they will keep her. Rodleen said that on the first night after surgery, Pam was given so much morphine that they couldn't wake her up. Her family was very concerned about this. Pam is still on oxygen now with tubes in her nose instead of down her throat. She is still being closely watched in ICU. Her family has read some of the e-mails to her. They are saving them for her to read when she is up to it. She has been very sleepy from the meds. She has complained about her back pain and siatic nerve pain more than the pain in her tummy. I wanted to get a update posted tonight for everyone because I won't be here tomorrow to let you know. I feel that I need to pay a visit to Pam and her family tomorrow. So my fiance Dan, and our youngest daughter, Courtney and I are going to drive the 3 1/2 hours to go visit Pam and her family. Her family is very excited as we are to. It will be our first time meeting Pam and her family. I feel that I need to bring her a angel pin and place it on her gown over her heart. There is a story behind another angel pin that I gave to my fiance's cousin who wasn't expected to live. That guardian angel pin and the power of prayers gave cousin Terry a miracle. We are also bringing Pam a angel wind chime to put in her garden. That way whenever she hears the wind blowing the chimes, she'll know angels will always be there with her. We have a few other things for her and for her daughter along with a very well drawn picture my youngest daughter Courtney drew for Pam. I will post again either Saturday night or Sunday. Please keep up the prayers and e-mails to Pam! Thank you so much! Debbie Pam's Profile: http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/members/profile.php?N=J1020737969 Hospital e-mail to PAM GIECEK: https://www.overlakehospital.org/patientsvisitors/sendemail/default.aspx
SallyT
on 8/5/06 2:26 am - Federal Way, WA
It was so wonderful to hear the good news about Pam being able to walk a few steps. Thank You God for watching over her and her family. She is truly blessed to have such wonderful friends in here. Debbie, you are an angel yourself. Thank you for taking the time to go see Pam and her family. I will keep praying for her to get better and better as each day passes. God Bless her and God Bless Us All!
Debbie D.
on 8/6/06 6:54 pm - Chelan, WA
Thank you Sally for also taking the time for Pam to add her to your prayers. And thank you for such a nice compliment. Please see my latest post, Pam is home! God bless you! Debbie
PinkFlamingoes
on 8/5/06 1:53 pm - Buckley, WA
Debbie , Thank you for the update . You are so sweet . And your Fiance is very sweet to drive 3 1/2 hours for a stranger . Isn't is amazing that we can easily bond with someone we haven't met face to face ? But it happens all the time here . You have truly been an angel for Pam . And i'm sure after she gets some of the meds out of her system , she will really appreciate how much worrying you have done & how you have kept us updated . Pam is such a kindhearted person herself . Give her our love . Kathy
Debbie D.
on 8/6/06 6:57 pm - Chelan, WA
Thank you Kathy! It meant a lot to us to go see Pam and her daughter. Please see my latest post...I have great news! Take care, Debbie
Redhead_Momma
on 8/6/06 11:14 am - Monroe, WA
Hi ALL: I just wanted to let everyone know that apparently Pam must be doing much better....as I went by to visit with her today and they told me she went home yesterday....Saturday. Sooooooooo I guess she must be good if she went home!!! LOL. I am sad that I missed the opportunity to meet her in person and to give her a little gift that I got for her.........but then I am happy that she is doing well enough to "split that popsicle stand". I am sure when she feels up to it, she will be online to post an update of her recovery. All our prayers and well wishes must have surely been heard !!!! Karen
SallyT
on 8/6/06 11:58 am - Federal Way, WA
WOW. That's fantastic news. Couldn't happen to a nicer person.
Debbie D.
on 8/6/06 7:30 pm - Chelan, WA
I agree Sally. Pam is a very nice person.
Debbie D.
on 8/6/06 7:01 pm - Chelan, WA
I am so sorry Karen that I didn't get back to you in time. I wish you were able to see her. I forwarded your e-mail to her and also this post. Take care Karen! That was very special of you to take the time out to go meet Pam and show her your support in person as well. Bless you! Hugs, Debbie
Debbie D.
on 8/6/06 7:33 pm - Chelan, WA
I am so sorry Karen that I didn't get back to you in time. I wish you were able to see her. I forwarded your e-mail to her and also this post. Take care Karen! That was very special of you to take the time out to go meet Pam and show her your support in person as well. Bless you! Hugs, Debbie
Most Active