One Month today

marciamcnulty
on 8/3/06 1:30 pm - Lake Forest Park, WA
Well I survived (wasn't quite sure if I was going to). It has been one month today and I have lost 26 pounds and 13 inches. The pureed food is really getting to me and I have a lot of trouble getting enough water in, but I'm feeling pretty good. I leave Saturday for a 7 day cruise to Alaska, and they said the chef will puree anything I want, thought that was pretty nice. I figure there will probably be alot of soups or whatever that I can eat at dinner time. We will probably have to eat every mean in the main dining room so they can puree for me. Well thanks everyone for your support. Marcia
auntlorlee
on 8/4/06 2:45 am - Bellingham, WA
That's great Marcia! Congrats! You are doing very well! How are you feeling? You will probably be a little tired for a few weeks. Just make sure you get your rest on the cruise. I hear it's a wonderful cruise. My girlfriend went on it a couple of years ago and she had a great time. That is awesome that they are willing to puree for you! Lori
marciamcnulty
on 8/4/06 3:59 am - Lake Forest Park, WA
I have actually been feeling pretty good. Last night I ate a small amount of cheese cake (sugar free) and since then everything keeps coming up. I don't know what's going on. I figure I will wait and try some soup at lunch and if it comes up, I will call the doctor. Just what I need right before the cruise. Thanks for the response. Marcia
auntlorlee
on 8/4/06 4:04 am - Bellingham, WA
Marcia, I found that when I had a vomitting incident in the early weeks, the next day or two, it seemed that everything wanted to come up. Your pouch gets sensitive after an episode of vomitting and doesn't want to allow anything in it! So it seems anyway! I hope that is all it is and you recover quickly. Lori
PinkFlamingoes
on 8/4/06 10:55 am - Buckley, WA
Marcia , sounds like you're doing great . Except the problem with the cheesecake . I hope you have a wonderful time on your cruise . I bet even pureed is good on a cruise . lol . My mom said when she went on an Alaskan cruise that it was the best food she'd ever had .
clegate
on 8/7/06 1:36 am - Shelton, WA
Glad to hear you're doing well. Have fun on your cruise. I just put a friend on one yesterday myself. How nice of them to accomodate your eating needs. Carol
Most Active