Medicare accrediation approval

corapatterson
on 8/3/06 12:29 am - Lewiston, ID
Does anyone out there have any info on the time frame of a hospital to become accredated once they have applied? I am Medicare and am on the list for surgery. However, I understand the facility must be accrediated (which there are few in the State of Wa. at this point). I am wanting my surgery done at Sacred Heart in Spokane, Wa. They have applied and are waiting. I have searched and searched the web for ideas of the wait time and have yet to find any answers. The Dr.'s office tells me they say 30 days but realistically they think 60 days. I am afraid with all the institutes having to jump on the wagen and become accrediated that it might be MUCH longer. Is there a "time frame" that they must respond to the facilities or does anyone have any information of help?
corapatterson
on 8/3/06 3:54 am - Lewiston, ID
I think I finally found my own answer after days and days of looking! For anyone else wanting the info, it looks to me like about 3 months to "provisional approval" from the time the application was FIRST sent in. My understanding of what I have read thus far, then Medicare will pay for surgeries done, but the institute must apply for "full approval" and that will be approved/denied within 6 months of that request. Whew, lots of info on the web if you just can do the proper search.
girlwcurl
on 8/23/06 1:29 pm - spokane, WA
i spoke with shrocks office and they said sacred heart would be medicare certified likely by the first of the year
Most Active