Insurance & direct exclusion-is that it?

Dayna B.
on 7/27/06 10:57 pm - Clearwater, FL
Does anyone have experience with winning an appeal when there is a direct exclusion in your insurance policy? The prospective doctors office told me that my employer did not purchase "obesity coverage" in their insurance package, thus it is a direct exclusion... Is it even worth my time to submit an appeal?
PinkFlamingoes
on 7/28/06 1:38 pm - Buckley, WA
The insurance companies are getting pretty savvy about their wording in exclusions . My insurance company has an exclusion policy . And I was told it was unfightable . Go into the insurance section & look up your insurance . There should be reviews .
bplamport
on 8/1/06 6:58 pm - Bellevue, WA
Not purchasing obesity coverage is absolutely different than an exclusion. An exclusion has to say the words that for no reason do they cover surgery that is meant to help someone lose weight. Look in your medical booklet under exclusions and read it carefully. I would still appeal focusing on health issues you have instead of weight. there are attorneys who specialize in fighting it. some md offices don't want to fight it for you and really just do the bare minimum.
Most Active