My EDG - another task checked off .

PinkFlamingoes
on 7/26/06 12:04 pm - Buckley, WA
Today I had my EDG (or EGD depending who you're talking to) . As far as the procedure itself , it went fine . I do remember them putting the non-biting thing in my mouth . I also remember feeling Dr.Oh putting the scope down my throat , but I don't remeber feeling gaggy or upset about it . I have esophogitis , gastritis , a small superficial gastric ulcer , & a hiatal hernia . Wow , I didn't think I felt that bad .lol. I had to get a prescription for prilosec & see Dr. Oh in two weeks , which is also the day I have my nutritional class . I guess i'll be in Federal way all day . Good news according to them I weigh 308 , so i've lost 11 pounds . When they first weighed me it was in kilograms & the nurse didn't know the conversion . I must have asked while I was going under . Because when I woke up & asked , the nurse said I already asked & I was 308 . lol . BTW for anyone never having been to St. Francis , I was impressed witheir layout & organization .
Aunt Pam
on 7/26/06 1:53 pm - Arlington, WA
Kathy, you are doing great with your pre-surgery "to-do-list". As well of your weight loss. Hey!!!! Hugs, Pam
PinkFlamingoes
on 7/26/06 4:29 pm - Buckley, WA
Thanks Pam .
SallyT
on 7/31/06 4:27 pm - Federal Way, WA
I'm glad to hear your EDG test is over and done with. Time is flying by. I will be in Federal Way on Wed 8/2 to see Dr. Oh for the consultation and get a date scheduled for surgery, I hope anyway. I saw an earlier response from you that Dr. Oh takes 3 months to get to surgery date from initial consultation. Gosh, I hope I can get in earlier than that. Guess I'm about to find out! lol Sally
Most Active