Nervous and Waiting

corapatterson
on 7/26/06 6:05 am - Lewiston, ID
I have appointment in Spokane, WA tomorrow with Dr. Bright. Does anyone out there have any info on how long of a wait you might have for Medicare and Medigap insurance? It has taken me a long time to make this decision and now I want it done yesterday (of course). I am a 60 year old woman and wonder if I am going to look like a sagging and wrinkled old lady or just a wrinkled old lady! I know I will be a healthier wrinkled old lady at the very least. Any feed back would be most welcome.
PinkFlamingoes
on 7/26/06 9:46 am - Buckley, WA
Saggy can be fixed . lol . But you will be healthier . 60 isn't old . You've still got plenty of trouble making years yet . lol . Kathy
Aunt Pam
on 7/26/06 1:56 pm - Arlington, WA
Cora, I am on Medicare, and I am all too aware that each clinic, doctor, etc does it differently. Best bet is to find someone who has gone there or wait for the appointment.... but in my experience my wait has been much too long! I hope you will find things faster over that side of the mountains. Good Luck! Hugs, Pam
corapatterson
on 7/26/06 10:27 pm - Lewiston, ID
Thanks for the words of encouragment ladies. All support gladly accepted! Aunt Pam, I went to your page and am without words as to all you have gone through. I too lost my job due to two total knee replacements and back injury/pain, so I know where you are coming from. I have nothing but admiration for your sticking to your guns and goal. I just do not know if I could have jumped all those road blocks like you have done and admire you for it. I will be watching as you become a loser and send all my prayers and support.
Cynthia_G.
on 7/27/06 3:23 pm - moses lake, WA
Hi Cora I have gone to Dr. Rawlins, DrBrights partner and I have been bugging Carola and Danae about getting my paper work into the insurance so that i can finally get a surgery date I hope it dosent take long Ivve had to Jump through hoops for my insurance (Cigna) I hope it gose better for you Cynthia
corapatterson
on 7/27/06 10:40 pm - Lewiston, ID
I went to see Dr. Bright yesterday 7/27/06 as planned. He has accepted me as a surgery patient and does not see a problem with Medicare approval! Now the wait is on. Carol tells me she was sending my paper work in yesterday! Says it usually takes Medicare about a week to respond! Everything going like clock work thus far, BUT there is a major bump in the road ahead. Medicare, as of February of this year, said they would not cover WLS done in any facility that was not approved and certified by Medicare. Can you believe that Sacred Heart does not qualify at this point yet!!!! Dr. Bright and Carol told me that yesterday Sacred Heart says they have all the paper work turned in to Medicare and there is usually a thirty day wait to become certified.....not bad....But I too know how the wheels of county, state, federal wheels turn and it is slow at best. There as well is ALL the institutes all over the United States applying to become certified so I know the paper work is miles high! I believe they told me there was only 2 places (one on Washington coast and one in CA) that is certified NOW! Now this applies to Medicare Insurance only, so the rest of you do not hit the panic button yet. I am hoping MAYBE things just might work and I can have my surgery end of September or October of this year. Once we make the decision to have this done, we want it done yesterday not some distant future time. Patience has never been one of my outstanding qualities and it looks like I am in for another lesson to be learned. I have learned we all get "repeat lessons" in life until we "get it". I will keep everyone updated as the "wheel turns". I do want to add that I am no longer nervous! I have made up my mind, and the staff put me totally at ease with the procedure. I have total faith in Dr. Bright and know everything will go just fine. I just have to accept that at this point everything is stalled and I have to wait until the engines get a "jump start" and then I am on my way over the mountain!!!
Most Active