Anyone willing to hold my hand?

Luna_Rose
on 7/25/06 11:22 am - Wenatchee, WA
I am lost now. I have a list of regulations from Medicare/Medicaid...and now what? I am looking for someone who has either been through the process with Medicare/Medicaid, or who is going through it and can help me. I need this to happen, but trying to figure it out on my own is frustrating and overwhelming. Please let me know if you are willing to hold my hand and walk me through it, or if you have any really good advice. Thansk Y'all!! Cindy in Wenatchee
bplamport
on 7/25/06 9:17 pm - Bellevue, WA
the surgeon you choose should be able to help, I was self pay but my surgeon's office did the submittal for pre auth. i do know it is common to get denied the first time so don't be put off, you have to be persistant. i know you will need written opinions from a physician and you should start noting all the diets you have been on, approximately how much you lost and kept off and when you were on them. the more the better, they want to see that you have tried everything else. and please look into lap band if you haven't already, it is so much safer and has less problems with vitamin absorbtion which can be a huge problem. check out my Dr's website, i think he goes over there and there may be ins info on their site. NW weightloss surgery, dr montgomery. i think it is thelapband.com or lapband.com. but most surgeons will help you through.
corapatterson
on 7/28/06 10:44 pm - Lewiston, ID
Hi Cindy, I wish I could give you better help that you need. I will be glad to help what I can. Yes, I agree that contact a Dr. that does the surgery first thing. If they are not willing to help contact another one until you find one that can help. They are your best bet and the only way you can make it through the hoops you have to jump. They know what these insurance companies need and want and can help you along the way and lesson your chances of a denial and having to appeal. I was lucky. I chose Dr. Bright in Spokane WA and they are sooooooo helpful. My primary insurance is Medicare and secondary is Medigap instead of Medicaid. There is where I fall short on advice. I am not sure of Washington Medicaid requirements, but your Dr. should be able to help you there. I posted info on Medcaid requirements under "nervous and waiting" if you would like to read that. Your primary concern is going to be which Dr. will take your two insurances and if the hospital is accrediated. In Wenatchee you should be able to go to east or west to find the hospital accrediated fairly easy. I understand there is one hospital on east coast of Washington that is allready certified and LOTS more hospitals that will be before to awfully long. This certification thing with Medicare happened suddenly in February of this year so most hospitals were not prepared. Do not give up. Hang in there. The road may get bumpy and longer than you want. Once we make the decision to do it we all want it now or yesterday! I will be glad to hold your hand and visit back and forth at any time you feel the need. We all need a helping hand along the way. My best and first advice is to do your research and find a Dr. who will take your insurance and call them immediately and get started. Cora
Most Active