You may be Right! I may be Crazy...

Michelle_h
on 7/23/06 2:40 pm - seattle, WA
okay, title stolen from Billy Joel. I like that song. And I have to admit, i'm floating on cloud nine and sipping the most AMAZING cup of tomato basil soup, that's been thinned with chicken broth and then strained of chunks, but it is DELISH. I always find it interesting how life can bring things together. Making the decision to have WLS (even tho the pain's killer!) has inspired me with so much courage! I am going to go back to school this fall (if I can afford to, that is!) to get a baccalaurate degree. I hate my current job, and I've decided to make a change. BUT. I find it very ironic that I've just had WLS and I've decided to go to... CULINARY SCHOOL!! I think it's a little weird, myself, but I've wanted to do this for 10 years or more, and I think it's just time to do it! I've been looking for a new job for months now, and this is just the best time to go back to school! But I think it's kind of funny. however-- I'm not worried about cooking and failing my WLS or anything like that. Anway, I know, it's crazy. But I'd be following a dream
SallyT
on 7/23/06 2:55 pm - Federal Way, WA
Heh Girl, you go for your dreams. My husband followed his job dream, 25 years after college. And it's the best thing he ever did. Now, for a silly question. I keep wanting to update my profile, but I can't remember how to get to my own personal profile. Duh! Can someone clue me in? I love this forum! Have a wonderful week. Sally
clegate
on 7/24/06 6:15 am - Shelton, WA
Hi Sally, Scroll to the top of this page and click on "my account". All the links are on that page. You may have to log in before you go to you account page. Carol
Aunt Pam
on 7/23/06 7:26 pm - Arlington, WA
Michelle, crazy.... NO WAY! It sounds like you are finally not crazy.. following your dreams. Infact maybe you will be making us all wonderful foods for us wls people! I also think to stay in a job that you hate is crazy! So good for you!!! The amazing tomato basil soup sounds wonderful! Yummy. Hugs, Aunt Pam
Michelle_h
on 7/24/06 8:01 am - seattle, WA
Thanks for the lovely feedback. It feels great to be enabling myself to follow dreams that I was too scared to pursue in the past. Life is good, and so is vicodin! time to take anap!! Michelle
PinkFlamingoes
on 7/24/06 11:08 am - Buckley, WA
I agree with the others . I think it's wonderful that you are going to pursue your dream . I think the worse thing is to not follow your dream & live with regret . As far as being crazy because you just had WLS . You still enjoy food , you just have a limited capasity to how much you can consume . It sounds like the perfect time . You can write a cookbook for bariatric patients . lol . Kathy
auntlorlee
on 7/26/06 2:06 am - Bellingham, WA
Hey Michelle! SO glad to hear from you! Glad to hear things are going good so far. Lori
Anna T.
on 7/26/06 3:30 am - Marysville, WA
Let's talk about crazy for a minute here... right out of surgery (and on a clear liquid diet) I spent all my down time watching the Food Network. I have been in culinary classes since high school and have always loved the art of food. One word of caution: a big part of culinary school is TASTING your creations. I actually find the chances I have to really cook as an outlet for my addiction to food. I don't feel like I am missing anything because (to me) the best part is the creation. Have fun with it and enjoy not having to fear food.
PinkFlamingoes
on 7/26/06 12:20 pm - Buckley, WA
Anna , I think also this would give you a new direction that your cooking interests could go . Learning to cook hi protein , low carb , beautiful food . I'm not that fond of cooking , I just want to be someones guinnie pig . lol . Maybe this will get me into cooking more . Kathy
Most Active