Changed my date & type of WLS

PinkFlamingoes
on 7/20/06 7:42 am - Buckley, WA
After much thought I have decided to have the open Medial RNY . Unfortunatly that means moving my surgery up to October 19th , instead of Oct 10th . Dr. Oh only does open on thursdays . I can still go on the cancellation list as soon as all my tests are done . Kathy
SusanL
on 7/20/06 11:19 am - Somewhere out there, WA
Kathy, What made you change your mind? If you don't mind sharing with me. My appointment is on the 17th.
PinkFlamingoes
on 7/20/06 1:03 pm - Buckley, WA
I had been going back & forth about which version of the RNY to have . I talked to Dr. Oh . He said that the Medial & Distal have a more long term weight loss success history . He can do some Medials Lap. , but since I had a hysterectomy (open cut) I couldn't have medial lap . I didn't really want to have an open incision (or longer hospital stay) , so I chose Proximal . I have to self pay & won't get paid while i'm off . I decided that in five years I may regret not having the medial done . So , I changed my mind . That's just me . Unfortunately that changed my surgery date . Oh well , it'll happen when it's meant to . We should keep in touch since our surgeries are tentatively so close . Kathy
ncarter11
on 7/21/06 12:29 am - Edmonds, WA
Awesome work in making your choice - it's not easy! Your thinking is sound. Good job! Blessings, Nancy
SusanL
on 7/21/06 2:34 am - Somewhere out there, WA
Kathy, Thanks for sharing with me. We should keep in touch. Let me know when you are going to the support group in Puyallup I've been looking at that one instead of the one in Tacoma.
rayehawk
on 7/27/06 6:42 am - Eastside Seattle 'burb, WA
Are you coming to support group at VitaLady's in August? Do! Which shake did you decide on?
PinkFlamingoes
on 7/27/06 3:58 pm - Buckley, WA
Hey Rachel . I'd like to go to the support meeting . They have two . South Hill - Puyallup Vitalady 2nd Tuesday and following Wednesday 7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. I ended up getting the tropical sunrise , made by champion . It is best mixed with crystal light or something . I liked it mixed with crystal light peach iced tea the best . I do regret buying such a big container . I bought a small chocolate caramel & small vanilla at GNC . They are alright but the chocolate isn't very chocolatey I also bought the sample pack from vita lady . I've been mixing 1/3 banana flavor & 2/3 chocolate with 6 oz cold water & a few ice cubes in my blende . Now that is pretty good . If you have a good imagination it's almost like a frappachino . lol . Let me know what evening you will go & i'll try to get my son to watch his kids , (i'm raising them ) . Kathy
rayehawk
on 7/27/06 7:48 pm - Eastside Seattle 'burb, WA
I go to both. 'Cuz I need all the help I can get . . .
Aunt Pam
on 7/20/06 8:13 pm - Arlington, WA
Kathy, sounds like you have this decission well thought out - good for you. This is such a big decission, so it is good that you are really "weighing" your choices. Before you know it - it will be October. But I know, waiting is a hard thing to do. Hugs, Pam
PinkFlamingoes
on 7/21/06 3:51 am - Buckley, WA
Thanks Nancy , Susan & Pam . I appreciate your encouragement . I went to Vatalady's store yesterday & got protein shakes . I happened to be in South hill at the dentist . So I went in there numb face & all . lol . I enjoyed going there . They were very helpful . It was very interesting to be there . I tried some samples , which was good . The shake I thought i'd like (fuzzy navel) I didn't like . Kathy
Most Active