Help ?!?!? regain ARGHH !

Janae B.
on 7/19/06 12:41 pm - Sedro Woolley, WA
Hi, I am post op from 2001, I had an open RNY. I was 450lbs, the lowest I got was 246, then suddenly I started regaining. My eating habits didn't change, I was excerising more, and I felt great. Now I weigh 298 lbs. I did go up to 329, but to loose, I had to stop eating. Literally. My Dr's are all perplexed. As I am. Now my bariatric surgeon has recommended I have a DS surgery. My primary care Dr. agrees, BUT.... finding a Dr. to do the procedure is another story. I swear these Dr.'s hide themselves. Some Dr.'s just say, "No", because I already had the RNY. I'm desperate. My shrink, is concerned as everyone else is too. My depression is really bad, and my vascular Dr. told me 2 weeks ago, if I dont get the weight off, I could loose my leg, because of venous insuffiency. I can't find help from a Dr who will help me. Please... anyone who knows a surgeon in the Washington state area that does the DS. I beg you to send me their name or number. I am right now barely maintaining, but I eat one very small meal a day, and its starting to get to just a small meal every other day. I don't want to be fat anymore. Karan
Sun Smith
on 7/19/06 1:07 pm - Seattle, WA
I think Dame Tooter had the DS. You might want to contact her or read her profile to find out about her surgeon. -Pam
Holly M.
on 7/19/06 2:16 pm
Dr. Deveny at OHSU in Portland, OR does the DS and Revisions. I would recommend you call him.
lilchickad
on 7/20/06 2:19 am - Bonney Lake, WA
Both Dr. Oh in Federal Way and Dr. Srikanth out of Tacoma do the DS. Hope this helps! Laura 203/103 below goal
PinkFlamingoes
on 7/20/06 1:10 pm - Buckley, WA
At the top of this screen it says Bariatric surgeons . If you click it you will get a US map . Click Washington State . You will see a list of Washington surgeons who have registered with O.H. & what they do surgically . There were surgeons in Washington who do revisions . And as stated before Dr. Oh is one of them . Good luck . It's not hopeless . Kathy
bplamport
on 7/25/06 9:05 pm - Bellevue, WA
Karan- I am so sorry you are having problems, but I think another surgery may not be the answer in your situation. You are the best judge of what is best for you but if you are already missing meals so drastically then what would another surgery really do. It seems to me the problem is your metabolism and the only way to change that is cardio exercise. The thing is that even though you are exercising you may not be doing the best kind of exercise for your situation. Even though it sounds scary, a trainer may be your best bet before you pursue surgery. There are trainers that come to your home. I also know that you may be able to get a referral to a physical therapist. there is a gym near me in Bellevue that is called the pro sports club. they have MDs and a weight loss clinic, they have several pools and one has a treadmill IN it. It seems like looking for that kind of set up would be ideal because of your leg problems or at the very least a gym with an indoor pool and a trainer who can work you out in it. i don't mean to sound like you aren't already doing everything you can think of and working really hard at it, because I believe you are but sometimes a fresh perspective is needed. don't give up there is hope. take care, brandi
Most Active