DS Surgeons in Mexico ...anyone???

Redhead_Momma
on 7/15/06 5:12 pm - Monroe, WA
I have heard of a couple of surgeons in Mexico that do DS. I would like to know more...where they are located...their names...anyone that has used them and their experiences....the price....any websites.......basically anything you may have to offer. Thanks Karen
(deactivated member)
on 7/15/06 6:28 pm - Yakima, WA
Hi...I'd like to suggest you post also to the DS forum here at obesityhelp - it's a very active and friendly board and I'm sure you'll get a lot of responses to your questions. You can find it by clicking the forums tab up top and then choose DS from the Surgery Types Forums list. ~Tooter OH Staff
BMitchem
on 7/19/06 10:11 am - Brush Prairie, WA
Hi Karen, I don't know of any doctors in Mexico, but I had my by-pass done in Brazil on 4/18/06. I was self pay, so I evaluated several options. I asked very specific questions regarding statistics and practices when interviewing several different surgeons. My doctor had performed twice as many gastric bypass procedures as anyone in my home area. I was very pleased with the care I received and the results I've acheived. It is a little lonely not having a doctor here, but there are support sites and groups that are open to all. My pre-tests and surgery were less than $8500. I stayed in Brazil for 11 days after surgery. There is a South of the Border (or something like that) group on this site. You might find more info there. Good luck with your research. E-mail me if you have specific questions about anything I might be able to answer. Betsy 237/179/150 pre/now/goal
Most Active