I've got a DATE!!

bluesmummy
on 7/12/06 12:16 pm - Sammamish, WA
It's one week from today!!!!! July 19th!!! I am so excited!! I saw Dr.Montgomery yesterday and his amazing staff. They fit me into the surgery schedule for next week! how wonderful are they?? I have completed my first week of 90% protein shakes and 10% real protein- meats and veggies, and just one more week to go! this is just to shrink my liver a bit for surgery. I am very sick of my two kinds of protein shakes at this point though. vanilla and chocolate got boring about 2 days in. I am not much of a sweets lover, more of a salty and tangy, curry spicy kinda person- how in the world do you fit that into a shake?? sounds gross to me!! . I can make myself FF curries for after surgery to "drink through a straw" consistency so I guess I'll just do that. I hate regular soups so that won't work. I'll guess I"ll also p/u up miso soup base- but of course I won't be eating the seaweed and tofu yet. Well wish me luck!! I cannot wait for it to happen!
PinkFlamingoes
on 7/12/06 1:17 pm - Buckley, WA
Congratulations Elizabeth !!! I am really happy for you . I don't know what to say about the shakes . Flavorings ? I've heard a lot of people use sugar free syrups . Keep us posted . Kathy
SallyT
on 7/12/06 5:15 pm - Federal Way, WA
Way to go! Not much time left at all for you. Wish you the Best!
Michelle_h
on 7/13/06 4:11 am - seattle, WA
Don't suppose you'd include a recipe for some curry soup you can sip? My surgery is two days after yours -- and to loose my pre-op weight, I did something similar to you- 2 protien drinks and 1 meal a day (low carb too!). I am SO tired of vanilla shakes (tho I sometimes put SF mint or hazlenut syrup in it, or some decaf instant coffee). However, I too am CRAVING some salty spicy stuff during the day! GOOD LUCK! With your surgery! I'm so excited for you! Michelle
auntlorlee
on 7/13/06 4:25 am - Bellingham, WA
Whoo Hoo Elizabeth!!!! Congratulations my dear and good luck! You will be a loser in no time! Make sure you keep us posted on your recovery! Lori
bluesmummy
on 7/13/06 10:35 am - Sammamish, WA
Thank you ladies!! for the curry (which is naturally a soup btw) there are several ways to make this- but my favorite is this- 1 can LITE coconut milk red or green curry paste (1tsp=2-3**, 1/2tsp=1-2**) to make different curries sweet or sour- for sweet add peanut butter(creamy-this is also called peanut sauce! but you need to add 1/2PB to 1/2CM to make that) lowest amount of sugar content as poss., OR 1 tsp of brown sugar or other sweetner replacements. to make thicker- add FF sour cream, usually about 1-2 tblsp. Heat the coconut milk to barely boiling (don't boil) then add your curry paste. stir constantly (works best with wooden spoon) I usually let it simmer for about 15-20 minutes while I'm cooking/steaming veggies or chicken/fish/beef. I usually put about 2 tblsp's of the curry soup over the chicken and veggies and let them sit for about 10 min to completely soak in. the red curry paste is sweeter and hotter than the green. The green has a little more bitter taste to it and requires more sweetner. There is also yellow curry- which I really haven't done much with yet. it is much better when placing over fish like tuna. another great seasoning is Masala- comes in all forms. The best I've found is the "redder" looking forms. I'll post the actual brand later. Well I hope that helps!!! I will do my shopping this weekend for the post surgery items. my fav's so far for FF/SF desserts- jello ff/sf orange or lemon flavor with a little SF/FF whip YUM! jello ff/sf vanilla- but add about a tsp of cinnamon, then the sf/ff whip jello ff/sf white chocolate- YUCK jello ff/sf cheesecake all by itself- YUCK ( I have a recipe for cheesecake that is FF/SF using this) jello ff/sf butterscotch and chocolate- YUMMY So, just my humble opinion of products I've been trying out. Since once we're banded "trying" stuff is really outta the question since we'll be eating so little for a while. I say, try it now!, though I've heard people say your taste buds change after surgery...but that just seems really weird to me right now. We'll see!
PinkFlamingoes
on 7/14/06 4:26 pm - Buckley, WA
My dad always made a curry sauce , by making a white sauce & adding dry yellow curry to taste . It is very good on vegies like cauliflour . We always had it on rice . It would be pretty easy to make a little lower cal by using ff milk . I've heard you can thicken with arrow root & that is better for you than flour . I don't know .
bluesmummy
on 7/18/06 4:09 pm - Sammamish, WA
My surgery TOMORROW!!! I am starting to get a little nervous but very excited!! I'll see you all on the losing side!!
Most Active