Hair and skin - another angle

Jubileesong
on 7/8/06 12:50 pm - Renton, WA
Has anyone had gastric bypass surgery of any kind and NOT ended up with losing hair or loose skin? Thanks! Hannah
Sun Smith
on 7/8/06 11:51 pm - Seattle, WA
I've lost hair - but not like the others described in the prior thread. I lost hair in my hairbrush and into the drain catcher. I didn't lose it in clumps either. Just lost more than the normal "couple or so" strands I lost daily prior to this surgery, maybe double that. Nobody can tell I've lost hair, and it seems as thick as ever. During my worst period, I started back on protein shakes and it is making a positive difference. I continue drinking at least one protein shake almost every day. The vitamins also contribute to healthy hair, though I haven't tried the Biotin that some others say is great. Now on to loose skin - everybody gets it. However, the degree and if it stays loose (my sister lost weight, not gastric bypass, and a year later a lot of her loose skin had tightened up) depends on age, elasticity, how long the skin has been stretched, the condition of the skin.... -Pam
KuuipoCloud
on 7/9/06 1:51 am - Oak Harbor, WA
A friend of mine who had the surgery two months prior to me has had virtually no hair loss - she said she may have lost a TINY bit more than she did pre-op but not anything really noticeable (cuz you know we always lose hair whether or not we have surgery or not). She also doesn't have much in the way of loose skin. You can find many profiles on here of people who don't have a lot of skin. Michelle
Most Active