My First NSV!

Michelle_h
on 7/5/06 6:28 am - seattle, WA
First off-- what does NSV standfor? I understand that it's reaching a goal, or a feel good moment... well... here's mine!! I've lost 15 LBS pre-op (I started losing weight before my consult, so I still have to loose about 10 more pounds for surgery) I went down 1 size!! From a 24 to a 22!! I am standing up straighter, and I got my first vague compliment today at work (where they say you look good, but you can tell they're not sure why!). it's a good day! Michelle
PinkFlamingoes
on 7/5/06 10:14 am - Buckley, WA
That's great Michelle . How long do you have to lose the other 10 pounds ? I need to call my cousin & see what Dr. Oh's requirement is . I hope it's not big . Kathy
ncarter11
on 7/6/06 1:10 am - Edmonds, WA
It so exciting that you have lost so much preop (YIPPEEE! Good on you!) and you sound like you feel so much better already. Isn't it amazing what 15 lbs can do for us?You will just keep feeling better and better, Michele. Keep up the good work. I posted this info on another thread, but I thought it's worth encouraging you with too... for every pound that we lose we lose 4 pound of stress on our joints - especially those knees. 10 lbs lost, 40 lbs of stress relief! 15 lbs, 60 lbs of relief! Yeah! Get this... losing 1 pound reduces the load each knee bears more than 4,800 lbs for every mile walked! And a 10 lb loss will save your knees from bearing 24 tons over that mile! (Woman's Health Nov/Dec 2005) Isn't that something? So of course you are walking taller! I bet you even have a little bounce in your step, too. Your knees and joints, your heart and organs all are happier. Losing a WHOLE size is so great. Dropping a plus size is a significant drop! KUDOS! Nancy
ncarter11
on 7/6/06 4:09 am - Edmonds, WA
I happened to come across NSV - I had no idea what it meant... NSV = Non Scale Victory. :D
Michelle_h
on 7/6/06 4:19 am - seattle, WA
AHA! Well, I guess this isn't truely a NSV then, but thanks for all the possitive support!
Most Active