Wednesday July 5th Exercise Post

auntlorlee
on 7/5/06 6:05 am - Bellingham, WA
Wow, that 4 day weekend just flew by! Seems like it was just Friday! Oh well, at least it is a short week for most of us. I got lots of walking in over the weekend. I walked 6 miles last week, 3 x 2 miles. Then on Monday, we walked to the fireworks show, 4 miles round trip. And then yesterday, we walked the street fair here in town, approx 2 miles total. So yeah! 12 miles! I am proud of me! How was your weekends? Did you do anything fun? See any really good fireworks? We had WWIII going off until about 3:30am this morning! I was ready to smack someone! For real!!! So what are you doing to move your butts??? Get out there and enjoy the weather while it lasts! Take care, Lori 281/169/140
ncarter11
on 7/6/06 12:54 am - Edmonds, WA
***12 miles!!!*** YIPPPEEEEE! That is so fabulous, Lori! You have every reason to be proud! That's a big chunk of miles you moved yourself! Sooo good! Did you figure out where that would take you if you did it all at once? If you were to start at the Iowa St Exit on I5 and walk 12 miles south... You would end up well over a mile south of Samish Lake! Heehee! http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=279371 We went to our pastor's BBQ for the fourth. Hubby and I were tired and ready to go home about 11pm. We too had them going off all around us til the wee hours. I was whooped, tho, so I slept right thru it.... Why was I whooped? On the 3rd I did the Firecracker run in Seattle. It started just before midnight. It was a 5K (3.2 miles). And runners ran into the 4th of July. Kinda fun to run at midnight in the streets of Seattle. There were two really great things about this event... the first being that one of my boys ran it with me. It's the first event I have done with one of my kids. He's 19 and fit as a fiddle. Poor guy had to brake the whole way to keep my pace, but it made this momma VERY happy. Second best thing... I ran my fastest timed event yet. I usually run a 12.5 min mile. I think because I felt bad for Bryce I ran faster... 11:08 mile!! Yipppeee! It was a good feeling. The next morning after maybe 5 hours of sleep... I started plotting ...plotting a 32 mile route to Pastor's house in Snohomish for the 4th of July BBQ. I love riding TO somewhere and getting a lift home! It was an adventure - and I loved the ride. There was this glorious stretch on the Lowell-Snohomish rd -- 6 miles of low traffic, flat, clean, wide shoulder. Heavenly. But I was pretty tired early on in the evening. Yesterday, I ran *to* our team's track workout. It was 4.4 miles there. I did an 11:48 min mile! That's with stops - waiting at crosswalks and stop lights, taking off and shaking out a shoe... etc. Honestly, I didn't think I would ever get faster... I just figured I'd go longer distances. At the track I walked 3 miles. My legs were very tired and kinda hurt. The skin felt irritated from all the jostling and my muscles were whining. Good week so far for me. Good workouts and my hormonal bloat is already down (it usually takes a week or two to lose it!) Tonight I am bagging on our team workout . On Thursdays, we usually do a "brick" workout - a workout of two disciplines... Thursdays are a swim/bike - much more fun than the bike/run! Sigh. I am visiting a friend instead. We will walk in her (hilly) neighborhood. I am hoping to get a mile swim in tomorrow, but haven't found anyone to go with me. It's Thursday already! YEAHHH! Tomorrow is Friday! YEAH!!! Hey, Lori, I might be doing a run up in your neighborhood this weekend. Trying to get a feel from hubby before I commit our Sat morning to it... http://www.fairhavenrunners.com/chuckanut_footrace.html Man, can I go on and on or what? Hugs to you, Nan
Most Active