Liquid diet suggestions?

ShellyBee
on 7/4/06 12:16 pm - Seattle, WA
Hi everybody! I'm new to the forums and have a lot of reading to do. I'm wondering if you have suggestions of particular foods that worked well for you during the liquid diet portion of your post-op recovery. What tasted great, kept you satisfied, and feeling not completely drained? Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions!
PinkFlamingoes
on 7/4/06 4:14 pm - Buckley, WA
Hi Shelly , Welcome . I'm still pre-op so I don't have any tips . But Welcome . Kathy
domaco
on 7/5/06 12:44 am - EAST WENATCHEE, WA
I love tomatoes so I blended up a can of italian style stewed tomatoes, warmed them in the micro and wow it was heaven. they are fairly high in sodium so look for low sodium if you want. Is is amazing the foods you will crave when you are on liquids! Donna C
Nancy B.
on 7/5/06 4:45 am - Blaine, WA
Hi Shelly, I think that part of the diet was the hardest part for me, and probably for others. The broths that I thought were great pre-banding tasted awful to me (way too salty), I then bought sodium free real soups and strained them, much better. A couple of things that really helped me get through this time were Lipton's orange decaf tea, and also their mint tea, for some reason other brands didn't taste as good to me. Don't over buy too much protein powder and other things, you may end up with lots left over. As soon as your on softer foods Jello sugar free pudding was wonderful. This time actually went by fast, so you'll be on to other foods soon, best of luck to you. Blessings, Nancy B., Birch Bay, WA Banded 6/15/06 and loving it.
Michelle_h
on 7/5/06 6:20 am - seattle, WA
I am on a liquid pre-op diet. My best discovery so far has been instant decaf coffee. Because I can take a tablespoon, add a touch of ho****er so it disolves, then add it to chocolate, vanilla or caramel Atkins shakes, pour over ice, and it's a quick "iced-latte". Hope this helps!
KuuipoCloud
on 7/9/06 1:57 am - Oak Harbor, WA
Protein drinks are the best option for that. Broths are also a good option, but believe me, not much will do the trick. It will take you all day to drink a 16 oz protein drink. You likely will not be hungry as most people aren't post-op. You "eat" because you have to, not because you are hungry. The most important thing is that you get your vitamins in and get as much protein in as you can. Michelle
Most Active