The Bullet

PinkFlamingoes
on 7/4/06 12:58 pm - Buckley, WA
I ordered one of those Bullet blenders from Ebay . The price was cheaper than the Bullet site , with shipping . I have a good blender , but don't want to ruin it . I've heard good things about it . Anyone here use it ?
Sun Smith
on 7/4/06 1:11 pm - Seattle, WA
I do. I love it. I put my big blender in the pantry and have the Bullet on the counter. Works great. Mine is the "magic bullet". Don't know what other ones there are. -Pam
PinkFlamingoes
on 7/4/06 4:11 pm - Buckley, WA
I think this is the same one . It comes with four mugs ? Do you have any tried & true tips for it's use ? Kathy
Dan E.
on 7/4/06 10:37 pm - Bothell, WA
I bought mine at Fred Meyer for less than $50.00. Since I'm on a pureed diet I use it daily - the smallest container holds about 1 and half cups. My portions for whatever I'm eating are 1/3 to 1/2 cup so this little container gets a lot of use and it's easier to clean up than a full size blender. Wizard Dan
domaco
on 7/5/06 12:40 am - EAST WENATCHEE, WA
The bullet blender is great. After you use it all you have to do is rinse off the blade, throw your cup in the dishwasher and you're done. I leave it right on my counter. I mix my protein shakes with ice and water and sometimes a spoonful of peanut butter for a treat and it works like a charm. Donna C
bluesmummy
on 7/8/06 3:39 pm - Sammamish, WA
hey Dan- so HAPPY to see you posting again! do you have an update thread going on soemwhere in here? there is no update on your journal... (I know you don't know me but you probably understand all the reading that goes on around here ). Whats the big deal about having a different blender? I've been on my preop protein shake diet and my regular Oster is doing just fine... 39.99! it even has a self-clean cycle. is there any special reason to get another? oh and another blender question... is there a way to blend the protein drinks w/o them creating all that air in it? you know how when you mix 6oz FF milk with one scoop plus 1/2cup of shredded ice it suddenly becomes 22 oz ??
PinkFlamingoes
on 7/9/06 5:04 am - Buckley, WA
Hi Elizabeth . On the main board , a lot have people say not to use your regular blender , because they have gone through so many of them . Normally I would say , oh well . But my Oster is old & was my grandmas . So , if i'm going to fry a motor in one i'd rather it be a different one . The bullit comes with four mini blender containers that are actually mugs . So you're not dirtying up a big pitcher . Osters little blender jars aren't really meant to drink out of . lol . Kathy
bluesmummy
on 7/9/06 5:12 am - Sammamish, WA
oh okay I'll just use mine until it dies then. I also have a small food processor that I made all my sons food with- figured I'd use that for my mushy stage. But since I'm on the band I won't be doing all that much mushies since we need normal foods but small amounts and chewed well. We even have a milkshake maker- though its only ever been used for protein shakes and it works pretty well but you can't add stuff like banana's and fruits or ice to it. still wondering if anyone knows how to not get all that air with the mixers in the protein drinks?
PinkFlamingoes
on 7/9/06 12:55 pm - Buckley, WA
I'm not sure about the air , other than time . Have you tried covering your cup & tapping it on the counter ? maybe hand stirring it with a spoon , after using the blender , sometimes that works on other foamy things . Good luck . Kathy
Most Active