Making your Journal beautiful

PinkFlamingoes
on 7/4/06 12:49 pm - Buckley, WA
A member (butter) on the Main messageboard gave the steps to making your journal beautiful . I have asked her permission to post . I will list the instructions here : "Okay, I see a lot of people posting with wanting to spruce up their profiles, but have no idea how, so since I do, I am going to try and explain it the best I can. It's pretty simple believe it or not, If you know how to copy and paste your on your way. I will start with the backgrounds. " First: I want you to go to your Account on Obesityhelp and look at the General Info (Update your profile here) tab click it, this is the same place you go to add a new comment. Now the same place you add a new comment is where you are going to put all your fun images, sayings and your new background. Second: my favorite place to find fun images ect is http://www.bigoo.ws/ they have a huge selection of backgrounds, images and even a place to write your on sayings(that will come later). Now go to this website and click on the "background" tab. There you will find background categories, scroll through and find your favorite. Third: Now that you have finally found your favorite background look under the background and you will see HTML source code and a white box with funny writing in it Example : src="http://content19.bigoo.ws/content/loghi/logo1.gif" border="0"> Now highlight the stuff in the box and right click with your mouse and click copy. Fourth: Go to your General Info on obesity help as if you was going to add a new comment and click inside the comment box(as if you were going to add a new comment), right click your mouse again and click Paste. The funny code should be at the very beginning of your comment box. Now: hit the (update my file) button at the bottom of the page, and view your profile. It should have the fun new background!!! Now: maybe you don't like it go back to your General info, and delete the code. Hit (update my file) again and go find a new code. And repeat the stepsNow that you have figured out how to add your new background I'm sure your dying to add new images/sayings ect to your lovely new profile. It is pretty much the same except where you will place the code in your comment box. First: I want you to go to your Account on Obesityhelp and look at the General Info (Update your profile here) tab click it, this is the same place you go to add a new comment. Now the same place you add a new comment is where you are going to put all your fun images, sayings and your new background. Second: my favorite place to find fun images ect is http://www.bigoo.ws/ they have a huge selection of backgrounds, images and even a place to write your on sayings(that will come later). Now go to this website and browse around for a image you want to put on your profile. Third: Now that you have finally found a fun image you like ex: a Welcome to My Profile" saying look under the image and you will see HTML source code and a white box with funny writing in it blog Layouts Now highlight the entire box and right click with your mouse and click copy. Fourth: Go to your General Info on obesity help as if you was going to add a new comment and scroll though your info (all the entries you have wrote) and decide where you want the image to go. Example: If you found a "Welcome to my Profile Image" you will want to place it under the code of your background code. Not directly under it though, just in case you may want to delete the background code later you will want to be able to distinguish between the two to code so put it a few spaces under it. Example: If you found a image you want to separate all of your entries like I have on my profile, you will paste the code in under each entry, again don't put in directly under your entry or it will look funny put it a few spaces under the entries. Now, most of you want to have all these images Centered on your page so, this is how you do that: email me i will give you the code for it if I type it on here it makes this paragraph centered and dont show the code. sorry . Now: hit save, and view your profile. It should have the fun new image!!! Now: maybe you don't like it go back to your General info, and delete the code. Hit save and go find a new code. And repeat the steps.
PinkFlamingoes
on 7/4/06 12:52 pm - Buckley, WA
I just wanted you to know I have redone my journal several times today . Boy , my hand is sore . lol . Butter's (aka Butter Fly) instructions were great . So easy . Kathy
Nancy B.
on 7/5/06 4:49 am - Blaine, WA
Wow Kathy, Just went to your site and it's GREAT!!!!! I can't wait to try this on my boring site. Thanks for all the information. Blessings, Nancy B., Birch Bay, WA Banded 6/15 and loving it!
PinkFlamingoes
on 7/5/06 10:03 am - Buckley, WA
Thanks Nancy . It was fun . I found that if the background had to many colors it was hard to see the words . I'm sure the volunteers that used to do it had special programs . Because some people have very fancy sites . But I figured what the heck . I can't wait to see what you come up with . How are you doing ? You're about 3-4 weeks out , right . I can't hardly wait till friday when I see Dr. Oh . Kathy
bluesmummy
on 7/8/06 3:32 pm - Sammamish, WA
Kathy- very pretty!! I love webstuff!! I finally had time to mess around with mine today too! your post reminded me how boring I'd left mine! I have a link to my "myspace" page on mine too. I mess around with that one ALL the time!! its completely addicting!!!!! What else are we to do when we're too tired from too much exercising and can't be munching? sure keeps the fingers and mind busy
SusanL
on 7/13/06 6:48 am - Somewhere out there, WA
Kathy, Thanks for sharing this information. Susan
Most Active