Count down 6 hours to butt lift

ncarter11
on 7/18/06 3:21 am - Edmonds, WA
Hi Karen! Thank you for sharing with me and this board! I am excited for you as you progress and explore WLS! Thank you also for your nice comments. I am 5'4" - my BMI was 47.something, I think. I was wearing a size 24 for the most part, but often needed or purchased 26s. I've had no reconstructive surgery. I have pleanty of skin, I assure you. My tummy is a mass of loose jiggly stuff thatm because of my size and shape, is well hidden in clothes. I don't think anyone would guess. My breasts are saggy flaps. I have loose skin on my arms and legs too. It's hard to shave my arm pits -- they used to be arm flats! HA! I try not to let it bother me. I often tell myself that the skin is one big scar, a reminder of what my old ways did to me. Daily I have to get overmyself - wearing a swim suit is pretty revealing! I wear tank tops and try not to look at my arms. Sunday, while on the run leg of a triathlon, there was a photographer... I joked to him as he took my picture - "would you kindly edit out the arm flab!?" We laughed, but my comment came right out of my own insecurities, not confidence. It's ok, I am working thru it. If I never get PS, I'll be ok. I'd rather the skin than the fat. I can deal with this! I think I am blessed - lots of WLS pateints require PS to live a normal life. I don't have rashes or back aches. Mine would be for vanity reasons only... ...altho, I recently ran 4 miles in loose fitting capris. (I usually wear spandex to hold it all together.) anyway, after the run, I walked 3 miles around the track. The skin on my legs was so sore from the jostling on the run I couldn't even jog. It felt bruiised. I had gotten some sun on my legs, so I am wondering if that was what caused the pain. I haven't worn the loose pants on a run since! I can go on and on and on... sorry. We have a wonderful support group here in the area. At Steven's Hospital, 2nd floor cafeteria - ironic, i know. 2nd Thursday of the month, 7pm. Open to all surgery types, pre and post ops. There is a question and answer time for pre and new postops. Please come! Blessings! Nancy PS I cried a lot when I'd read profiles - still do. And I really apreciated the informative ones. It was my hope to give back.
Most Active