Count down 6 hours to butt lift

JustHat
on 6/27/06 7:45 pm - NM
I am a nervous wreck. I had my GB two years ago. Last year I had my TT (no muscle tightening) and breasts done. In 6 hours, I am having the first half of my butt lift done. Since she will have to take some off the top and some off the bottom, she wanted to break it down into two surgeries. I hope I can find the money for the second half. Anyway, I am putting all of my energy into worrying about this surgery. I think the recovery is my biggest worry. We have a 3 hour ride home after. But, we are staying an extra night here just in case something goes wrong and I need to see the doc again. Another thing is that I keep reading about everyone taking a week to two weeks off. My boss wants me back at work on Monday. When I talked to him last, he said he would expect me on Monday, but if I needed an extra day, then to call him. But, I definately needed to be back by Tuesday to work at least a few hours. I am not even sure how I will get into work if I am still on drugs. And, let's be honest. Would you want me doing your books if I was on pain meds? I am also worried about the results. My PS is great. But, she didn't get my TT tight enough. Everyone else I have known and read about had to bend over after thier TT because it was so tight. I could stand up straight as soon as I woke up. In my opinion, my tummy looks great when I am standing. But, there are skin rolls when I sit. Like I said, I am happy with the results. I just wish I it was tight when I sit. I know that being fat and having four larger than average sized babies (9 to 10 pounds) really did a number on my belly skin. So, I feel the damage to my skin is my own fault. The skin and lack of ability to contract is kind of daily reminder of the mistakes I made in the past. On the plus side, she said she is going to try and use what fat I have to give me a rear. I am rather flat now. But, she said I didn't leave her much rear fat to work with. Only time will tell how well this will come out. I have high hopes. I just hope they aren't too high. Back to bed to at least try and sleep. Hat
JustHat
on 6/28/06 3:32 pm - NM
It's done. Today wasn't an easy one for us. My surgery started late because the OR was held up. Then I bleed a lot. So, that extended my time in the OR. Of what they measured, I lost 1/2 liter of blood. That doesn't seem like a lot to me, but said it was. My doc wants me to up my iron intake to 3 times a day. In the recovery room, I passed out in the bathroom. Thank goodness DH was with me so I didn't fall. After that, my blood pressure and oxygen levels wouldn't come up. Only my insistance that I not be admitted kept me out. They really wanted to keep me. My BP was dropping down to 78/36. They said if I could get it up to 90+/50+ for two reading in a row, I was out of there. It took a couple of hours, but I did. I have two drains and one of them keeps soaking the dressing with blood. I figure I will give my PS a call tomorrow if it is still doing it. But, it appears to be getting better. All in all, I feel pretty good. Hat
awidick
on 6/29/06 5:08 am - Spanaway, WA
Hey Ms. Hat, I'm so happy for you. But I hope your feeling better by now. I am going to try and call you. As for the TT thing, yes, I still can't lay down straight. When it came to xrays on this last surgery thing, they had to put something under my knees. I couldn't lay flat. I'm off to the PS and my PCM later today. Talk soon. Love ya girl!!! Arlene
penelope27
on 6/29/06 9:27 am - Kirkland, WA
So sorry to hear of your complications. I'll keep you in my thoughts and wish the best for your improved health. I'm sure you'll be kicking butt in no time (no pun intended).
ncarter11
on 6/30/06 12:07 am - Edmonds, WA
Can you say JEALOUS??? OMgoodness! I am so happy for you that you've been able to get all this work done, Hat. Awesome! You sound good. I'm tired just thinking about recovering from surgery. Work on Monday or Tuesday?!! Goodness! I've got a relatively flat bottom too. It's gotten a more round profile since I've taken up biking. All the flab still hangs from that rounder profile, but at least I look good in jeans! Good to hear from you! You've done sooo wel! Blessings! Nancy
KuuipoCloud
on 6/28/06 3:33 pm - Oak Harbor, WA
HEY HAT!! Long time no see!! I don't know if you remember me, but I was Michelle Cloud and changed my profile name to this. I had my surgery last May and am down now about 135-140 pounds and am getting a TT August 8. Just wanted to say hello and say it's good to see you again!!! Congrats on the butt!! Michelle
ncarter11
on 6/30/06 12:08 am - Edmonds, WA
Michelle!!! I didn't recognise you! You look fabulous! Congrats on your WL!
KuuipoCloud
on 6/30/06 6:29 am - Oak Harbor, WA
ME?!?!?! I had to look at your profile to see who you were!! You look fantastic!! Michelle
ncarter11
on 6/30/06 6:43 am - Edmonds, WA
teehee... we looook mah-velous!
Redhead_Momma
on 7/18/06 2:24 am - Monroe, WA
OMG Nancy!!!!!!!! You put a lot of work into your profile here........and it was soooo informative. I also live in Edmonds/Lynnwood area and am pre-op. I did not see (maybe overlooked or poor memory) how tall you are. I weigh more than you did pre-op, but then I am 5'8"...but I am in size 26. I could not believe when I looked at the pics where you super-imposed the old you and the new you. I have been crying since I got about half way thru. I can only hope that I do as well as you did. Have you had any post WLS plastics? Inquiring minds wanna know. LOL Keep up the living to the most!!!!!!!!! Karen
Most Active