Northwest Hospital

Redhead_Momma
on 6/21/06 4:06 pm - Monroe, WA
Does anyone have any experiences to share about Northwest Hospital? I have to decide between Evergreen and Northwest and Northwest is closer to my home.....so just checking it out. Karen :-P
lilacs
on 6/22/06 3:19 am - Marysville, WA
Don't know about Northwest, but I had my surgery at Evergreen and would recommend them HIGHLY. They not only have a beautiful facility dedicated just to the Bariatric Department, but the staff is wonderful. Good luck on your surgery, though - whichever hospital you choose!! Linda -208
marciamcnulty
on 6/22/06 5:40 am - Lake Forest Park, WA
I had both my kids, a couple miscarriages and my hysterectomy at Northwest. Its a very nice hospital. I would find a doctor you like first, thats more important than the hospital. I am actually going to have my surgery (waiting for a date) at Swedish Ballard and I live in Lake Forest Park which is quite a bit north of there, but I chose Doctor Weber and thats where he goes. Good Luck Marcia
Michelle_h
on 6/22/06 8:38 am - seattle, WA
I am planning to do my lap-band at NW hospital. I have been there once to the ER, and I felt really safe there. The hospital reminds me of a smaller version of Overlake - alot of newer buildings and furninshings and equipments, and it had a really nice open feeling. i am going to the info-session tonight from Dr. Chebli. Everything I hear about him is that he is AMAZING, and VERY personable. I met with one of the psychologists yesterday that works with their support group (their support group is run by two psychologists, that's great to me!) and she was FANTASTIC to talk to. I hear good things about the other place too, but I wanted a hospital close to home.
Michelle_h
on 6/23/06 3:06 am - seattle, WA
I went to the info-session at NW yesterday, and I was extremely impressed. I think that the Doctor associated with NW (Dr. Chebli) had really good charisma, seemed very intelligent (well, obviously, he's a doctor) and compassionate, and passionate about really HELPING people. I believe post-opp (After you've healed) most doctor's want to see you once a year. This office they want to see you every 3 months to check in with you and build a personal relationship with you. He seemed to really care about the patients and not just give them a lap-band because they want it, but really takes the time to find the surgery option that is right for each individual patient. I really liked how at the end he encouraged us to get as much information as possible, to go to as many info-sessions as we could in the area - but if we felt like anyone was trying to sell us on something, to leave. Good advice I think. Anyway, I was impressed. My consult is with him next week. NOW-- I'm trying to determine how much of a sweet eater I am... Michelle
Redhead_Momma
on 6/23/06 7:13 am - Monroe, WA
Dear Michelle: Please keep me posted as things progress. It will be a couple of months I am sure before I even get to your point as I am changing insurance to get this covered. If you would like to share with me the whole process, I have open ears. I was hoping to choose NW as it is close to home for me as well and to get to for followup and support etc. I have done a lot of reading and have heard good things abut Dr Chebli...but I read his bio and it seems he does not do all the options...just the lap and the RYN....do you know anything otherwise after attending the seminar? Please share as you will. Thanks, Karen
Laura H.
on 6/29/06 4:30 pm - Seattle, WA
Hi Karen, There are several surgeons in the area that do LapBand and RNY but there are none that do Duodenal Switch. If you would like more information about the DS we are having a DS support meeting on July 8 at the Sizzler in Tukwila. I just posted the info here on the state board. Dr. John Rabkin, one of the best DS surgeons in the world will be flying up from San Francisco to meet with us. If you are still in the information gathering stage it could really be interesting for you. If you can't make it but are interested in learning more about the DS let me know, I would be happy to share my experiences with you. Laura
Michelle_h
on 6/23/06 7:43 am - seattle, WA
You are right. He only does RNY and Lapband. but I think those are the most common procedures right now anyway.
Most Active