Looking for a primary physician in the Bellevue/Issaquah area

kerridale
on 6/21/06 8:34 am - Issaquah, WA
Hello - I recently moved to the Issaquah/Bellevue area from Southern California. I had gastric by-pass surgery 7/29/05 with the best surgeon in LA - Dr. Quilici. I would like to find a primary physician in the area that has knowledge of our surgery. Does anyone have a doctor to recommend? I'm still trying to get to one of the local support groups; I miss the one's I went to in So Cal. I work at Microsoft so it's been hard to get away at this time. I know about the support group at the hospital in Bellevue but if there are any others please pass them on. If you're up to meeting in person to talk/support I am open to that too. I'm down 100 pds and holding for sometime now. My surgeon says I will lose another 50-60 pds. I've joined a gym and hired a trainer to help move those pounds off. I hope to have plastic surgery for removal of excess skin next year sometime. It's not too bad but enough to get handled. I look forward to hearing from those of you out there. I am surely in need of support from others who understand our new life style.
PinkFlamingoes
on 6/21/06 11:42 am - Buckley, WA
Welcome to Washington :clap:, Kerri . Sorry , I can't help you in the doctor catagory . Issaquah is a pretty area . And you have alot of neat shopping nearby . Sounds like you are doing great . You are where I hope to be next year . I haven't had surgery , but hope to soon . Kathy
auntlorlee
on 6/22/06 1:45 am - Bellingham, WA
Hiya Kerri! Welcome to the WA board! I hope someone can shed some light on a new PCP for you. I live pretty far away so I don't have any insight on that. But hopefully someone else will! Again, WELCOME!!! And congrats on the weightloss! Lori 281/170/140
Sun Smith
on 6/23/06 1:12 pm - Seattle, WA
- HI! I did my surgery as a self-pay in Mexico. My follow-up care is being provided by my Group Health physician in the Northgate area. She is great. I've another suggestion. Join the July 2005 OH board. We are a bunch of folks who went through their surgeries at the same time, and experiencing some of the same issues as we approach our one year mark. Presently it is my main support. The forum is at: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/07-2005/posts.html -Pam
Laura H.
on 6/29/06 5:03 pm - Seattle, WA
Hi Kerri, My PCP is in Seattle so it would be a bit of a commute for you but she is really great and has several RNY patients. Her name is Patrizia Showell and she is at The Polyclinic 1145 Broadway Avenue Seattle, WA 98122 (pretty accessable from the Eastside via 520). Her number is 206-860 2391. Welcome to the neighborhood! Laura
Most Active